Author Topic: Nominate your top PC stories for our 10th birthday!  (Read 5138 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: February 01, 2018, 06:05:10 PM
The 10th Anniversary of Podcastle is coming up soon!

As part of the celebration, we're going to have a countdown of our most beloved episodes over the years. But first we need you to tell us which of our stories is most beloved by you!

We’re asking fans forum members to fill out the very quick survey (linked below). In the form, please list up to five of your favorite-ever PodCastle episodes. These nominations will be used to create a “Best of PodCastle” ballot so everyone can vote for their favorites in the final round, starting on February 14th. The top five PodCastle episodes, as voted by fans, will be featured in a special later this year!

You can find the survey here. Nominations will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on February 13. What are you waiting for? Get nominating!

Nominate your favorite all time Podcastle Episodes!

Please post your lists and discuss in this thread as well!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:47:03 AM by Ocicat »

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 02:54:26 AM
That was freakin' HARD!!!

Also, if you need it: http://escape-artists.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_PodCastle_episodes

And since we were encouraged to share:

PC431   La Héron   Charlotte Ashley
PC165   The Paper Menagerie   Ken Liu
PCMini078   Wing   Amal El-Mohtar
PC345   Makeisha In Time   Rachael K. Jones
PC292   Giant Episode: Scry   Anne Ivy

Now, I'm off to console the other 39 or 72 stories I couldn't fit on this list.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 02:58:21 AM by Tango Alpha Delta »

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

blizzaga

• Extern
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 05:03:04 PM
1. PCMini94 "Further Arguments in Support of Yudah Cohen's Proposal to Bluma Zilberman" Rebecca Fraimow
2. PC 422 "Golden Chaos" MK Hutchins (and I seriously hope this one wins)
3. PC 400 Giant Episode: "Night at the Opera" Martha Wells
4. PC 417 "Archibald Defeats the Churlish Shark Gods" Benjamin Blattburg
5. PC 405  "Beat Softly, My Wings of Steel" Beth Cato

You can tell when I started listening...

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 09:40:16 PM
Nominations close tonight!

MooG

• Extern
Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 01:47:27 AM
Well hopefully it isn't just us three that have voted because that would make it one vote each for 15 stories. I didn't have as much difficulty as Tango because I prefer plot based stories - and as Podcastle is a coming of age/character development kind of place that cuts the numbers down a lot. In chronological order I went for:

88 Another End of Empire
Light hearted and with a subtle twist. Tim Pratt does this kind of thing well and I think this is my favourite of his.

166 Stereogram of the Gray Fort...
A lovely mix of hazy nostalgia for past glories and the more brutal realities of the present

186 Beyond the Sea Gate...
Sometimes you want an thought provoking tale and sometimes you just want to listen to the audio podcast equivalent of the Tales of Sinbad

200 In the Stacks
Many might say that with so many readers this is more drama than podcast but it was on PodCastle so I'm having it

262 Dragonslayer of Merebaston
I like Jeter's way of combining the mundane and fantastic. In this case what do you do about a dragon in a world where the nearest thing  to anti-tank weaponry is a crossbow.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 02:19:40 AM
I voted, I just didn't post here. Mine has a strong (but not complete) overlap with the "PodCastle stories for PseudoPod listeners" thread.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”