Author Topic: PC Mini 97: When I Had Eyes, I Didn’t See  (Read 2164 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: April 21, 2017, 06:50:57 PM
PodCastle Miniature 97: When I Had Eyes, I Didn’t See

by Anna Yeatts
read by Dani Daly
hosted by Jen Albert
First published in Penumbra

Rated R for disturbing themes and imagery

I had eyes once.
Before the Lift-man came.
Now I have knobs, smooth and black and round as pegs. I touch them with my fingertips and try to remember what it felt like, having eyes.
If I push one knob in, the other one pops out like the elevator buttons used to do.
There used to be a brass plate mounted on the wall next to the elevator’s cage with two smooth black pegs. I pushed in the top peg to go up. The bottom peg popped out. Gears ground, cables groaned, and the elevator clanked down to the lobby.

Click here to read more

Anna Yeatts is a writer, publisher, and editor living in North Carolina. Her short fiction has appeared in Orson Scott Card’s Intergalactic Medicine Show, Daily Science Fiction, and Mslexia among other venues. When not writing, Anna publishes Flash Fiction Online and her newest venture, NASTY: Fetish Fights Back. She lives in a houseful of wildling children and far too many animals. Follow her on Patreon, Facebook, or on Twitter @AnnaYeatts.

Listen to this week’s PodCastle!

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 03:29:42 PM
What a delightfully creepy ghost story.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 03:16:01 PM
What a delightfully creepy ghost story.

Says the editor of Pseudopod!  (I agree. I love the darkness of this one.)