Author Topic: Jonathan Coulton Song  (Read 4545 times)

Darwinist

• Hipparch
on: May 02, 2017, 09:09:42 PM
Does anyone know of a Jonathan Coulton song about the end of the world / apocalypse which was played on Escape Pod many years ago?  I'm familiar with some of his songs and have been going through his catalog but can't seem to find it.  Maybe it was performed by someone else? 

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan

acpracht

• EA Staff
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 02:57:50 AM
Hehe... You could probably be describing about half of Coulton's discography. :)

A couple possibilities, however:
-Chiron Beta Prime - A family trapped on a slave planet by their robot overlords (did I say overlords? I meant protectors...) frames their plea for help as a Christmas letter.
-Re: Your Brains - The last survivor of a zombie apocalypse gets a "corporate pitch" from his annoying coworker (now a zombie) about why he should let them all in so that they can eat his brains.
-Skullcrusher Mountain - a mad scientist sings a love song to his abductee in mad-scientist logic.

I don't think these are what you're looking for, but other Coulton songs you absolutely should check out:
-The Future Soon
-I'm Your Moon
-You Ruined Everything
-When You Go
-I Crush Everything

Hope this helps.
-Adam

eytanz

Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 12:00:40 PM
From his more recent work, you might also be thinking of “Good Morning Tucson”