Escape Artists
October 16, 2017, 07:00:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Group ELEVEN of the PseudoPod Flash Fiction Contest is now live! (just one more group in round 1!)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EP577: The Ghosts of Europa Will Keep You Trapped in a Prison...  (Read 712 times)
eytanz

« on: May 29, 2017, 01:53:04 PM »

EP577: The Ghosts of Europa Will Keep You Trapped in a Prison You Make for Yourself

AUTHOR: Matt Dovey
NARRATOR:Tina Connolly
HOST: Divya Breed

---

–then scooted her chair over to the microscope. Amira only needed a glance at the holographic zoom floating over the scope. The viral cells were replicating rapidly, budding and splitting at a phenomenal rate.

“Hey, Mariana, look at this.” Amira indicated the hologram, then was struck, at once, with an overwhelming sense of déjà vu: something beyond the familiarity of her lab and its clean white surfaces, or the flat icy plains of Europa beyond the carbonglass windows. And more than the déjà vu, there was a feeling of _instantaneousness_, that this moment had arisen out of nothing, that nothing was all that had been there before, that everything had just–_appeared_.

Listen to this week’s Escape Pod!
hwaffle
Lochage

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »

I enjoyed this one a great deal. For the first few minutes I was bored, then I got the concept and at first felt cheated, then, the concept flipped itself and I fell in lurv. Lovely story, love the short length too.
Kaa
Lochage

Trusst in me, jusst in me.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 08:09:04 PM »

This was just lovely. I really enjoyed it. Smiley

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else
danooli

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 10:25:44 AM »

I cursed at the end of this. Because it ended. And broke my heart.

Very well done.
Kaa
Lochage

Trusst in me, jusst in me.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 12:00:23 PM »

To clarify: Here I was, driving home from work through Atlanta, rush-hour traffic, taking back roads (i.e., lots of traffic lights) because the Interstate was a parking lot, and listening to Escape Pod.

And then everything got all blurry and it was hard to see to drive. I was glad I had a red light. It seems that someone -- some DASTARD -- was cutting ONIONS in my back seat! Clearly! Because why else would I be crying?

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else
acpracht
EA Staff

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 04:19:10 PM »

To clarify: Here I was, driving home from work through Atlanta, rush-hour traffic, taking back roads (i.e., lots of traffic lights) because the Interstate was a parking lot, and listening to Escape Pod.

And then everything got all blurry and it was hard to see to drive. I was glad I had a red light. It seems that someone -- some DASTARD -- was cutting ONIONS in my back seat! Clearly! Because why else would I be crying?

Sounds like you should go protest that new onion farm. Wink

Because, my friend, you never know when it could all be over. Life's too short...
Aidan
Extern

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 07:15:26 PM »

Loved this story. Great narration and I thought the special effects were really well done too.
Frank Evans
Lochage

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 08:38:45 AM »

I enjoyed this one a great deal. For the first few minutes I was bored, then I got the concept and at first felt cheated, then, the concept flipped itself and I fell in lurv. Lovely story, love the short length too.

Agree with all of this. Lovely story and really interesting perspective.
Katzentatzen
Palmer

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 04:41:56 PM »

This is the best kind of horror. Thank you.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN
Ichneumon
Palmer

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »

Heart-aching. Amira's hologram's self-awareness was too bittersweet.
Varsha
Palmer

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 02:30:03 PM »

What it means to be a humann?
To have conciousness?
is it brain patterns only?
or something more?

That was a good story trying to get at those questions.

Narration was not noticeable = very good.

And FFS people didn't you get the memo? You shouldn't go to Europa, attempt no landing

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: