Author Topic: Patreon!  (Read 8121 times)

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
on: June 02, 2017, 01:05:48 AM
Can I just say "Thank you"? Because thank you! I dropped my Dwolla contribution like a hot potato as soon as the news arrived that you had set up a Patreon account, and transferred it to there. Now everything is so much easier!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 05:32:47 PM
Thank you!!

jaelen

• Extern
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 09:02:14 PM
I've found what I believe to be the EA Patreon page, but a typo in the description (there's a link to escapeartist.net, as opposed to escapeartists.net) combined with the fact that the Patreon isn't mentioned anywhere on any of the Support sections on the individual Podcast pages, is making me suspicious. I'm probably being overly cautious, but if I subscribe, I want to make sure my money is actually going to support the company, as opposed to some stranger who's getting free money by using your name. If an admin could post a link to the patreon here, or even better update the podcast pages to link to the Patreons and then post here letting me know they've done so, that would allay my (admittedly probably unreasonable) fears.

Thanks!

ramonvine

• Extern
Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 06:06:39 AM
I haven't seen any Patreon account from here yet.  ???

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 01:45:39 PM

I haven't seen any Patreon account from here yet.  ???

The support options are aggregated here: http://escapeartists.net/support-ea/

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Bartok

• Extern
Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 06:55:01 PM
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask...

Now that Patreon has backed away from the fee changes, is Patreon the favored method of support? I'm wondering if EA would prefer I cancel my Paypal subscription and start one on Patreon.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 07:43:20 PM
Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask...

Now that Patreon has backed away from the fee changes, is Patreon the favored method of support? I'm wondering if EA would prefer I cancel my Paypal subscription and start one on Patreon.

Here's the answer from our website: http://escapeartists.net/faq/ :)

Great question! The short version is either: each method has about the same cost to us.

• If you prefer an interactive donor experience, and want to receive regular news and behind-the-scenes bonus content, head to Patreon. You’ll get access to a personal RSS feed of non-fiction Zero Episodes by Alasdair Stuart and Karen Bovenmyer.
  • If you’d rather set up a monthly or annual subscription that will take care of itself, PayPal is your best bet. Pick one of the drop-down options to the right. If none of them are quite right for you, choose the ‘Donate via Credit/Debit’ to go to PayPal and enter your own (just be sure to tick the ‘Make this a monthly donation’ box). Need help, just drop us a line.
  • If a one-off donation is what you’re after, hit the ‘Donate via Credit/Debit’ button.

Thank you for your support!

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Moritz

• Lochage
Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 02:40:53 PM
Here's the answer from our website: http://escapeartists.net/faq/ :)

Great question! The short version is either: each method has about the same cost to us.

• If you prefer an interactive donor experience, and want to receive regular news and behind-the-scenes bonus content, head to Patreon. You’ll get access to a personal RSS feed of non-fiction Zero Episodes by Alasdair Stuart and Karen Bovenmyer.
  • If you’d rather set up a monthly or annual subscription that will take care of itself, PayPal is your best bet. Pick one of the drop-down options to the right. If none of them are quite right for you, choose the ‘Donate via Credit/Debit’ to go to PayPal and enter your own (just be sure to tick the ‘Make this a monthly donation’ box). Need help, just drop us a line.
  • If a one-off donation is what you’re after, hit the ‘Donate via Credit/Debit’ button.

Thank you for your support!

Thank you, that answers a question I had for a while now (I've been listening again, but hadn't frequented this forum in months)