Author Topic: CoW Ep. 250: Blood and Water (& ep 289 Staff Pick)  (Read 2484 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Episode 250: Blood and Water by Jason Kimble

Episode 289: Blood and Water by Jason Kimble - Staff Pick 2017

• Narrated by Paul Cram
• Audio production by Jeremy Carter
A Cast of Wonders Original!
Read along with the text of the story.
Click here to listen to Episode 250

Jason Kimble left the tornadoes of Michigan for the hurricanes of Florida, because spinning air is better when it’s warm. He lives there with his finally-legal husband. His most recent work appears or is forthcoming in Betwixt, The Sockdolager, Clockwork Phoenix 5, and Escape Pod. You can find more of his nattering at this website, Process Wonk, or on Twitter.

The very first story Paul Cram ever narrated was here at Cast of Wonders, and he seems to have been bit by the bug. Paul’s a character actor who casting directors say looks like a cross between Gollum and James Dean. Which may sound like an unusual blend, but it’s working for him, as Paul’s getting cast in such films as Fox Searchlight’s comedy WILSON starring Woody Harrelson & Laura Dern. In the film, Paul plays a few scenes as Harrelson’s kind & gentle cell-mate; the movie is is based on a graphic novel written by Daniel Clowes. You can find the film in theaters now or stream online in months to come.

When not on a movie set or audition, Paul can be found deep-frying chicken wings & cream cheese wontons with his older sister, or arguing about pop culture with his brother Zay around one of the 10,000 lakes of Minnesota. You can find Paul online and on Twitter.

The year we turned nineteen, the boy I loved disappeared under the waves of Lake Michigan, but he didn't die. I never told anyone. That he was alive. That I loved him. That he
My fingertip goes white as I smash down on the delete key and the cursor devours my words.
The broken swimming trophy lies sideways on the kitchen table. I stare at it as I dial, ignore the cat mewling, exiled, on the other side of the door. I count the rings of the phone at my ear. Seven rings (for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone) before Mr. Gravere picks up.

Paul’s interview with Jason is available here.

Tags: Tags: best friends, Cast of Wonders, gay, Jason Kimball, Jeremy Carter, loss, love, Paul Cram, polycythemia, swimming, Tolkien, water, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 09:50:08 PM by danooli »