Escape Artists
November 19, 2017, 04:52:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FINAL ROUND of the PseudoPod Flash Fiction Contest has begun!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EP579: Texts from the Ghost War  (Read 1057 times)
Trendane
Extern

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 06:04:03 PM »

I don't want to rain on the parade, because I appreciated many parts of this story, but idk, it felt a little too cheesy for me.

That opinion is just as valid as any other.  Thank you for sharing it!
acpracht
EA Staff

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 05:03:05 PM »

I don't want to rain on the parade, because I appreciated many parts of this story, but idk, it felt a little too cheesy for me.

But the important question... did the cheese make you cry?

Wink

-Adam
TrishEM
Peltast

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 03:42:51 AM »

I'm finally starting to catch up on Escape Pod and the other Escape Artists shows after a long hiautus caused by weeks and weeks of overtime at work. This is the show that made me want to say Hello again to everybody, because Oh, the feelings that this story gave me! I just adored the development of this relationship (my idea was that it was an incipient romance, not just a platonic bromance, albeit a closeted star-crossed romance due to dynastic considerations). The horrific worldbuilding hints, with the casual references to so much death and destruction, and the fact that allowing yourself to mourn a loved one outside of controlled circumstances endangered you and others, really were incredibly effective at putting me into the story. I loved this story so much!

Technically, I noticed the right-left channels at first, and it worked for me, but after a while I didn't notice it at all and was just immersed in the story. I hope @acpracht views that as a compliment!
Schrodingrr
Peltast

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 03:22:17 PM »

my idea was that it was an incipient romance, not just a platonic bromance, albeit a closeted star-crossed romance due to dynastic considerations

I had the same thought, but what I loved about that aspect of the story was that it was ambiguous enough that either interpretation would be equally valid. Smiley

This sentence serves no purpose, so you don't have to read it if you don't want to.
Fenrix
Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
Editor

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 10:05:25 PM »

The worldbuilding and development of the relationship was very nicely done, particularly considering the format constraints.

I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: