Author Topic: Say Hello  (Read 37463 times)

danielpatrickrosen

• Extern
Reply #50 on: July 01, 2017, 02:38:25 PM
Fun! I'd never realized there was an active forum here. I guess this is my obligatory post.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #51 on: July 01, 2017, 05:50:36 PM
I haven't gone through all of them to make sure they all qualify yet, but right now it looks like 196 entries.  That is a record number of authors participating in any EA contest.  These contests used to allow two entries per author, and even then it's more stories than either of the two previous Podcastle contests.  I believe only two EA contests had more stores: the first one, back when only Escape Pod existed, and Contest IV: Pseudopod, which got 212 and is why we now limit to one submission per author.

Serenity Dee

• Extern
Reply #52 on: July 01, 2017, 06:08:07 PM
 :o :o :o

(Apparently this forum doesn't like Unicode emoji.)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 01:34:54 AM by Serenity Dee »

RajivMote

• Matross
Reply #53 on: July 01, 2017, 06:29:46 PM
Hello!

I was drawn here by danooli's dedicated Twitter publicity. Looking forward to reading the stories!

bakersc

• Palmer
Reply #54 on: July 01, 2017, 07:17:10 PM
Hello all! I am Stewart C Baker, author and other things. I have entered the contest and look forward to reading the others. :)

SSchreiber

• Extern
Reply #55 on: July 01, 2017, 07:27:24 PM
Well, this is me saying hello! Also -- when can we expect to see the stories?

Thanks!

-S

hwaffle

• Lochage
    • Find me online
Reply #56 on: July 01, 2017, 07:49:48 PM
I haven't gone through all of them to make sure they all qualify yet, but right now it looks like 196 entries.  That is a record number of authors participating in any EA contest.  These contests used to allow two entries per author, and even then it's more stories than either of the two previous Podcastle contests.  I believe only two EA contests had more stores: the first one, back when only Escape Pod existed, and Contest IV: Pseudopod, which got 212 and is why we now limit to one submission per author.

Holy wow

benjaminjb

• Hipparch
Reply #57 on: July 01, 2017, 08:13:53 PM
It warms my cold, ossified, stored-in-a-box heart to see so many new names and so many old names here!

Cutter, how have you been?

(The worst part about the stories being anonymous for so long is I never successfully sync up stories to names, so I have no idea who wrote the stories I loved most. But I can't wait to read these stories!)

Sylvia

Reply #58 on: July 01, 2017, 08:14:48 PM
Hi everyone!

I entered this contest shortly after it opened! I'm a newbie writer though, and I didn't quite grasp that there was a forum and voting  :o (don't worry, I did follow the other instructions closely!!) So does every story that was entered get posted here, or is there a shortlist?

Good to meet people here -- best of luck all, and I look forward to diving into these 500-word gems. :)

astrokath

• -between the singing stars-
Reply #59 on: July 01, 2017, 08:35:04 PM
So does every story that was entered get posted here, or is there a shortlist?

They'll appear in batches - you can still have a look at past contests for examples.

Not the droid you're looking for.

Thunderscreech

• Lochage
Reply #60 on: July 01, 2017, 08:36:52 PM
it looks like 196 entries

SWEET CHRISTMAS.

asato

• Palmer
    • goodreads/asato
Reply #61 on: July 01, 2017, 10:13:08 PM
oops. forgot to make my OP, so I had to reregister.

Tech Writer by Day / Horror Writer by Night
"We don't like writing. We like having written." (Goal, Motivation, & Conflict, Debra Dixon)

asato

• Palmer
    • goodreads/asato
Reply #62 on: July 01, 2017, 10:17:49 PM

Tech Writer by Day / Horror Writer by Night
"We don't like writing. We like having written." (Goal, Motivation, & Conflict, Debra Dixon)

BeeJay

• Extern
Reply #63 on: July 01, 2017, 10:31:41 PM
Hi. I submitted a story. Am looking forward to reading everyone else's.  :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 11:49:52 PM by BeeJay »

Subtle

• Hipparch
Reply #64 on: July 01, 2017, 10:37:03 PM
Hello hello! Brand new to the forums! I've submitted. Hope it qualifies, it's slightly under 500 words.

LesleyDonaldson

• Extern
Reply #65 on: July 01, 2017, 10:41:31 PM
Squeeeee it's July 1st!! Happy Canada Day and happy reading/posting/voting/allthething-ing

Lesley

Sylvia

Reply #66 on: July 02, 2017, 12:46:22 AM

They'll appear in batches - you can still have a look at past contests for examples.

Thanks! So interesting to look at the past contests!

Christi Nogle

• Extern
Reply #67 on: July 02, 2017, 01:13:40 AM
Hi everybody! Can't wait to read the flash fictions!

CHRISTI! Did you submit a story?

Of course I did!

Ghostntoast

• Extern
Reply #68 on: July 02, 2017, 02:53:03 AM
Hi, good luck everyone!

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #69 on: July 02, 2017, 07:53:10 AM
Hello hello! Brand new to the forums! I've submitted. Hope it qualifies, it's slightly under 500 words.

Everything that was submitted to the contest and was 500 words or under "qualified" for the contest.  And if there was a problem, you would have gotten an email.  But there are 196 stories, and only the 50 or so that you voters like best will survive to the second round.  Only 3 win!  Though admittedly, the editors may end up buying more than the three stories voters select...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 08:28:28 AM by Ocicat »

FictionPhial

• Hipparch
    • The Fiction Phial
Reply #70 on: July 02, 2017, 07:53:38 AM
Hello! I registered a few days ago but when I tried to login today, it said I didn't exist  :o  But now I've seen this thread so I'm wondering if perhaps I disappeared because I didn't post? Anyway, here I am! I have a story in the contest!  :D Good luck everyone!

"You should promise to do the impossible, because sometimes the impossible was possible, if you could find the right way, and at least you could often extend the limits of the possible.  And if you failed, well, it had been impossible." -- Going Postal

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #71 on: July 02, 2017, 11:57:17 AM
Hello! I registered a few days ago but when I tried to login today, it said I didn't exist  :o  But now I've seen this thread so I'm wondering if perhaps I disappeared because I didn't post? Anyway, here I am! I have a story in the contest!  :D Good luck everyone!

That's it precisely! If you register, but don't post that day, the account gets purged. This is to combat bots. (Well, the ones we don't invite for Escape Pod, at least.)

Abrigella

• Palmer
Reply #72 on: July 02, 2017, 01:40:56 PM
This'll be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveW

• Palmer
Reply #73 on: July 02, 2017, 03:25:30 PM

That's it precisely! If you register, but don't post that day, the account gets purged. This is to combat bots. (Well, the ones we don't invite for Escape Pod, at least.)

I know that has been stated as a rule, but I created my account on June 6, and didn't post until June 21. Maybe I was a fluke?

Either way, I am really looking forward to this competition.

Subtle

• Hipparch
Reply #74 on: July 02, 2017, 03:52:15 PM

Everything that was submitted to the contest and was 500 words or under "qualified" for the contest.

Thank you. Even though the rules said the limit was 500 words, some of the posts here made me think that 500 words exactly was the requirement.