Escape Artists

News:

News

ATTENTION: NEW FORUM THEME Please see here for details: http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=13188.0

Author Topic: Pseudopod 73: Blood, Gridlock and PEZ  (Read 16951 times)

Zorag

• Matross
  • Well, kiss my...
    • Beef Beer And Poker
Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 11:33:11 PM
Gridlock is possible in rural areas.  We had a series of accidents on I-70 near Highland, IL on Monday.  It was not pretty.

Come say hi over at the Beef Beer And Poker forum.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #41 on: August 12, 2010, 01:23:59 PM
Gridlock is possible in rural areas.  We had a series of accidents on I-70 near Highland, IL on Monday.  It was not pretty.

I'm not saying that you can't have traffic snarls caused by accidents, but it's not "gridlock" unless you have a "grid" of roads affected by it.  If you have a single interstate affected by an accident, that's a line of traffic, I suppose you could call it a "linelock" but "gridlock" doesn't really make sense.

Zorag

• Matross
  • Well, kiss my...
    • Beef Beer And Poker
Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 03:00:05 PM
All the alternate routes were backed up, too.  Your point is taken.

Come say hi over at the Beef Beer And Poker forum.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 02:29:49 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38812252/ns/world_news-asiapacific/

MSNBC calls a linear traffic jam Gridlock. Just thought I'd share.  ;)

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Marlboro

• Peltast
Reply #44 on: December 06, 2019, 07:11:41 PM
I suspected that the story would end with the protagonist killing his girlfriend with the ax and blaming it on the psycho. I like the fact that the author took things in an unexpected direction.

El Camino reminds me of the "I am not economically viable!" guy from Falling Down. A movie that, coincidentally, begins with a traffic jam.

I think the ending of the story was excellent, except for the very last line. The last line makes the story feel like the secret origin story of Martin Shkreli or something. I wish he had popped some PEZ at the end so we know he didn't grow up to be Ebenezer Scrooge.