Escape Artists
July 28, 2017, 05:52:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Three quarters of the stories in the Podcastle Flash Fiction contest have been posted! Groups 10-12 are currently taking votes.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Podcastle Flash Fiction Contest 2017 Voting Rules and Schedule  (Read 1729 times)
deank
Palmer

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 11:10:00 PM »

Excited to read!
SpareInch
Hipparch

Will there be sugar after the rebellion?

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 07:04:50 AM »

Wow! Nearly missed the first week of voting!

Still, I have a good excuse in the form of a really strange week, culminating in me getting stuck for an hour in a private skin care clinic waiting room because the street outside had just been closed so it could be turned into a venue for a car show. I hope the stories in the contest are at least as weird as that. Tongue

Smiley
Deborah L. Davitt
Peltast

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 08:12:52 AM »

How did the various groups get broken down for their initial presentation? I suspected in the first three rounds that there had been some preliminary sorting--basically, 1-2 strong stories, and a lot of other weaker ones.
shanehalbach
Peltast

Clockwork Lasercorn

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 09:57:17 AM »

They are randomly generated.

shawnproctor
Palmer

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 11:14:18 AM »

This is probably the most fair contest set up I've ever seen. Awesome design.
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

Anything for a Weird Life

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 11:37:09 AM »

Authors are now revealed in group 1 stories not moving on to the semifinals.  Their names are added to the story titles.  After your story is revealed feel free to comment on it, explain your choices, etc...
Frank Evans
Matross

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2017, 01:45:53 PM »

following up on my earlier comment:
The problem with having the groups revealed every other day is that it makes the off days feel like the day before the contest is about to begin
I'm finding with this schedule I'm spending a lot more time looking at the comments and rereading entries, and that's really contributing to making this my favourite contest yet. In other words, past me takes everything back.
FictionPhial
Palmer

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 02:25:26 AM »

Does anyone else spend "story mornings" refreshing the page, waiting for the new group of stories to appear?

No? Just me then Wink

Voting fatigue, pah!

"You should promise to do the impossible, because sometimes the impossible was possible, if you could find the right way, and at least you could often extend the limits of the possible.  And if you failed, well, it had been impossible." -- Going Postal
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 02:49:37 AM »

Does anyone else spend "story mornings" refreshing the page, waiting for the new group of stories to appear?

No? Just me then Wink

I've been posting them before I go to sleep, and like most cats I tend to be nocturnal.  But I make no promises to get the groups up in the early AM pacific time.  I will try to get them up before 10am my time.  So occasionally you may have quite a wait...
astrokath
Slusher

-between the singing stars-

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2017, 04:34:15 AM »

No? Just me then Wink

Voting fatigue, pah!

Not just you!  Cheesy

Not the droid you're looking for.
FictionPhial
Palmer

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2017, 06:18:38 AM »

No? Just me then Wink

I've been posting them before I go to sleep, and like most cats I tend to be nocturnal.  But I make no promises to get the groups up in the early AM pacific time.  I will try to get them up before 10am my time.  So occasionally you may have quite a wait...

Oh not a criticism at all!! Cheesy Thank you for your hard work. I'm just so excited to read the new stories each time!

"You should promise to do the impossible, because sometimes the impossible was possible, if you could find the right way, and at least you could often extend the limits of the possible.  And if you failed, well, it had been impossible." -- Going Postal
Subtle
Peltast

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2017, 01:55:10 PM »

Oh my gosh, 66 stories have been posted. There's still 130 to go!
lightshadows
Extern

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2017, 05:55:03 PM »

Posting so I'm real  Smiley
gwynnega
Extern

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2017, 05:09:26 PM »

Hello, everyone.
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2017, 02:41:19 PM »

Over half the stories have now been posted!
FictionPhial
Palmer

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2017, 03:48:02 AM »

Over half the stories have now been posted!

Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Von Ether
Extern

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »

I may be blind, but where are the stories posted?
shanehalbach
Peltast

Clockwork Lasercorn

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2017, 08:48:28 AM »

I may be blind, but where are the stories posted?

Given that was your first post, you probably weren't "real" yet. Now that you've identified yourself to the spambots, you might be able to see them.

(Them being the stories. You can't see the spambots; they only become visible when they feed.)

Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

« Reply #38 on: Yesterday at 02:29:31 AM »

Three quarters of the entries have now been posted!
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: