Escape Artists
December 11, 2017, 05:56:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Podcastle Flash Fiction Contest 2017 Voting Rules and Schedule  (Read 3907 times)
chyskia
Extern

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2017, 03:48:23 PM »

I also am not seeing the new group
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

Anything for a Weird Life

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2017, 04:10:58 PM »

I can't seem to find Group 14. Am I glitchy? Hope all is well with you, Ocicat.

Apologies!  There was an error in how that board was set up, so you couldn't see it unless you had made at least 20 posts.  That's been corrected now, and you should be able to see Group 14 if you've made at least 1 post.
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2017, 04:06:14 AM »

The first round is now over, and we have 49 stories going on to the semifinals, of the 196 original entries.  As stated, there will be five groups, and in each group you're only allowed to vote for two stories.  It's about to get real people.

The first semifinal group will be posted about 24 hours from now, with a new group posted every day after that. Semifinal groups are made randomly, with the only considerations being that each group has *roughly* equal amounts of first, second, and third place stories - and that no story is against another story from it's initial league.

At some point today, all the winning stories will vanish from their league, not to be seen again until their semifinal group is posted.
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2017, 11:02:49 AM »

Oh, if you're an author still in this - right now is the small window where you can reveal to the world that you have a story in the semifinals, without any fear of revealing which semi you're in.  So go ahead and tweet that to the world or whatever!
Subtle
Matross

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »

Congrats to all the stories and authors that made it this far.
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2017, 03:13:13 PM »

Just a note to say that I'm off eclipse hunting for a few days, so Jennifer Albert has volunteered to reveal author names as the first few semifinals close out.

Everyone who got to the semis should be very proud. I'm blown away that every single story has already gotten at least 3 votes. When you consider that this round only allows two votes per person, it really shows that every story that has gotten this far is worthy, and is someone's favorite.
astrokath
Lochage

-between the singing stars-

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2017, 04:36:12 PM »

Clear skies!

Hope you have a good break.

Not the droid you're looking for.
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2017, 03:33:38 AM »

And the Semifinals are done! Finals start tomorrow. Remaining authors, feel free to make shout outs on twitter or elsewhere.

And yes, my eclipse viewing was amazing - thanks!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:36:07 AM by Ocicat » Logged
astrokath
Lochage

-between the singing stars-

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2017, 03:51:49 AM »

Congrats to all the finalists, and commiserations to everyone who missed out. There were some incredibly hard choices here, and I would have loved to vote for so many more stories in each round.

Not the droid you're looking for.
shawnproctor
Peltast

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2017, 06:12:50 PM »

I'm super psyched to be in the finals. I just wanted to say that I loved reading every one of the other 195 stories in the contest. You all are as amazing as late night music.
keeperofimaginarybeasts
Palmer

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2017, 07:45:34 PM »

Congrats, Shawn! That's an accomplishment to be proud of.
Is anyone else strangely excited to see which beastie Ocicat picks for the final?
shawnproctor
Peltast

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2017, 08:45:37 PM »

I know I am! I feel like these are story seeds!
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2017, 08:49:15 PM »

I certanly hope they get used as story seeds!

...I'm strangely disappointed that no one submitted a story featuring a Bonnacon to this year's contest.
danooli

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2017, 10:21:36 AM »

I certanly hope they get used as story seeds!

...I'm strangely disappointed that no one submitted a story featuring a Bonnacon to this year's contest.

Sad I love that acidic-dung expeller.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: