Author Topic: Has anyone read Whispers of Heavenly Death?  (Read 2724 times)

bolddeceiver

• Matross
  • Plunging like stones from a slingshot on mars...
on: September 09, 2007, 04:59:32 AM
Has anyone read Whispers of Heavenly Death by Wally Coins?

I know this is an odd question, but why I am interested in an out-of-print 1979 only novel by a mostly unheard of author (his only writing credits under that name are the afformentioned novel and two shorts in Amazing in the early 80s) should become clear.

I ran into the father of my late fiancee in a coffee shop this afternoon and had a nice, if brief conversation with him.  He mentioned the late-night community radio program (rennaissance man; he also used to own a comic book store).  When I got home I decided to look up the show, and found out that he hosts it under a pseudonym.  The moment I saw the pseudonym I remembered, from some little corner of my mind, hearing that he'd had a science fiction novel published under the same pseudonym -- his daughter and I actually found a copy at a used bookstore once, though for some reason neither of us bought it.  And sure enough, a quick web search turned up a reasonable handful of copies.  In fact, there were more copies than I'd expected; apparently it was a larger mass market release than I'd thought.  I decided to refrain from ordering one, on the illogical remise that if I was meant to read it I'd find a used copy in a store some time, but it got me wondering if anyone here had happened to have read it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 08:47:50 PM by bolddeceiver »