Author Topic: Altered Carbon?  (Read 6589 times)

Anthony Creamer

• Matross
on: July 06, 2017, 02:02:05 AM
Does anyone have an idea when Netflix is actually releasing this? I've been waiting for the tv version of Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan for years and Netflix announced the show quite awhile ago as slated for this year but I haven't been able to pin down a date.

Great book, great lead actor, looking forward to it.

-PW

Anthony Creamer

• Matross
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 05:45:24 AM
Hehe, and they are doing a valerian and lauraline live action film in a couple weeks... year of the awesome imo.

Chicken Ghost

• Matross
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 10:31:44 AM
No idea, and much as I wanted to, I was in the middle of an international move when Valerian (why drop Laureline from the title) came out, and I don't think it's coming out in theaters here.  I think the reviews are confirming something I suspected would happen, but I'll have to see it to be sure.  It's missing out on a lot of the respect other films influenced by the source material got because it just doesn't dazzle the way it would have if it came out before...a whoooole lot of movies.  There's a lot of comparison to movies that would not have happened or would not have happened the way they did if not for the influence of the original comics.  There's also some worrying criticism about a muddled plot, which would certainly not be new for Luc Besson. 

I guess I'll see how much is the movie being bad, and how much is the movie looking derivative while not being that. 

astrokath

• -between the singing stars-
Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 11:22:47 AM
We just saw Valerian last night. Wow, but it's a hot mess. Visually it's stunning, but the actors and plot are NOT well served by the direction or script.

Not the droid you're looking for.

Anthony Creamer

• Matross
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 12:50:34 PM
Not to mention the several minutes of exposition before we are even introduced to the MC? Lol. Classic luic besson though

jappel64

• Extern
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 03:02:33 PM
To the OP - no set release date for "Altered Carbon" yet beyond "Sometime in 2018".

Anthony Creamer

• Matross
Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 03:17:21 PM
Did you have a source for the 2018 time frame?

edit: Ah never mind they put that on the netflix site... I think they changed it cause I could have sworn it was 2017 before.

Anthony Creamer

• Matross
Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 09:44:04 PM
February 2nd  ;D