Author Topic: Tim Burton's Sweeny Todd  (Read 11983 times)

qwints

• Peltast
  • A fine idea, but who bells cat?
Re: Tim Burton's Sweeny Todd
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 01:02:46 AM »
Has anyone here seen the original musical? It is the only musical my roommate has ever liked. I can't wait to see this movie.
The lamp flared and crackled . . .
And Nevyrazimov felt better.

DarkKnightJRK

• Peltast
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 03:10:04 AM »
Has anyone here seen the original musical? It is the only musical my roommate has ever liked. I can't wait to see this movie.

No, but I saw the concert version (thru YouTube) and it's fantastic.

eytanz

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 03:31:06 AM »

I saw it on stage once, but I've been told that the production I saw wasn't a very good one. In any case, I enjoyed it and I can certainly see how it could be a basis of an excellent movie. I'm hoping that since this is not a movie remake but a stage adoption Burton will be wearing his "great director" hat for this one, rather than his "lets ruin someone else's work" hat.

Russell Nash

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 03:46:21 AM »
I'm hoping that since this is not a movie remake but a stage adoption Burton will be wearing his "great director" hat for this one, rather than his "lets ruin someone else's work" hat.

Examples of each please. ;D

eytanz

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 04:01:54 AM »
I'm hoping that since this is not a movie remake but a stage adoption Burton will be wearing his "great director" hat for this one, rather than his "lets ruin someone else's work" hat.

Well, "great director": Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish, Ed Wood, Batman.

"lets ruin someone else's work": Planet of the Apes (a horrible remake of a classic), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (a mediocre remake of a classic)

Russell Nash

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 04:28:58 AM »

Well, "great director": Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish, Ed Wood, Batman.

"lets ruin someone else's work": Planet of the Apes (a horrible remake of a classic), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (a mediocre remake of a classic)

Fully agree

DarkKnightJRK

• Peltast
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2007, 05:09:27 AM »
Just got back from seeing it, and holy crap it's fantastic. It's surprisingly bloodier than I expected. I mean, I expected some, what with the R-rating and it being about a serial killer and all, but my God I think blood was one of the filters for the movie it's that apparent.