Escape Artists
September 22, 2017, 09:11:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PseudoPod Flash Fiction Contest V Rules and Other Horrors  (Read 1806 times)
JohnAMcColley
Extern

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 10:46:18 PM »

The fantasy one that just finished was my first Escape Artists contest, but I'm back for round two. Hopefully my horror game is at least as good as my fantasy game. Let's scare some people!
Black Dahlia
Extern

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 04:36:35 AM »

My flash is in. Look forward to reading everyone's stories. Good luck, writers!
CaseySE
Extern

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 12:08:09 PM »

Submitted my flash story. Looking forward to reading all the others!
Obleo21
Matross

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2017, 08:55:57 PM »

Done! I normally hang out in the flying castle, and now the magical theater (CoW) but this is my first trip down in the mire...
ACreamer
Palmer

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2017, 09:45:58 PM »

And submitted.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:55:47 PM by ACreamer » Logged

Past is yet another word for the indelible ink that stains the soul
mjarvis
Palmer

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 03:00:58 PM »

Looks like the competition is going to be fierce! Looking forward to all the stories!
Schrodingrr
Peltast

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 03:33:26 PM »

this is my first trip down in the mire...
Um, rude! The corridors of the Pseudopod dungeons are kept meticulously mire-free, thanks to the insatiable hunger of our roving swarms of maggots.

This sentence serves no purpose, so you don't have to read it if you don't want to.
Bdoomed
Pseudopod Tiger

Mmm. Tiger.

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2017, 05:31:25 PM »

5 hours left! We have a ton of entries and this is going to be so fun.

Cheers.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?
Thunderscreech
Matross

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2017, 08:37:36 PM »

Juuuuuuuuust squeaked in under the guillotine.  This is not a genre I'm comfortable in so this was difficult but damned if I'll miss an opportunity to grow as a writer.  I mean....  the kind of growth I can get without taking classes or reading writing books or all the other things serious writers do to improve.  I'll never miss an opportunity....  to do the minimum effort?  Because I'm a hack, I guess?  That sounds less commendable the more I read it.  Oh, I know, I'll just hit 'Post' then the painful introspection can go away.
dwarzel
Extern

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2017, 10:51:11 PM »

In with ten minutes to spare...
Constance
Extern

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 11:27:30 PM »

Good luck everyone! I can't wait to be horrified.  Cheesy
Ibba Armancas
Extern

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 01:05:18 PM »

Stoked to get out of my narrator zone and write something! Cheesy Can't wait to read everyone's submissions!
Constance
Extern

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2017, 02:24:35 PM »

Newbie question: I was going through past competition threads and realized there are some rules that were mentioned (ex: three votes [per group? per round?], nobody who knows the author can vote for their story), but I couldn't find a current comprehensive list of voting rules. Way back in a 2007 thread there was a link for "judging guidelines," but that's now a dead link. Is there a current link I'm (probably) missing?  Smiley
Obleo21
Matross

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2017, 02:53:29 PM »

Um, rude! The corridors of the Pseudopod dungeons are kept meticulously mire-free, thanks to the insatiable hunger of our roving swarms of maggots.

Yes, but what do you do when those industrious maggots transform into flies? Do you have a back up beastie?
Schrodingrr
Peltast

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2017, 05:34:57 PM »

Yes, but what do you do when those industrious maggots transform into flies? Do you have a back up beastie?
Are you telling me that you've never once wondered why every member of Pseudopod's staff is made entirely of spiders?

This sentence serves no purpose, so you don't have to read it if you don't want to.
Bdoomed
Pseudopod Tiger

Mmm. Tiger.

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »

Newbie question: I was going through past competition threads and realized there are some rules that were mentioned (ex: three votes [per group? per round?], nobody who knows the author can vote for their story), but I couldn't find a current comprehensive list of voting rules. Way back in a 2007 thread there was a link for "judging guidelines," but that's now a dead link. Is there a current link I'm (probably) missing?  Smiley

You're not missing anything. Each voting round will list the 'three votes' rule (and restrict you to that number even if you try to vote for more).

And if you know the author of another story, you must refrain from voting for it (either by skipping that round entirely if you feel it necessary, or simply by voting for other stories)

Bdoomed
Pseudopod Tiger

Mmm. Tiger.

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2017, 11:17:16 PM »

Anyway... submissions are over! wooo.

We have 199 total submissions (wow... this is going to be fun) so I'll be posting all the stories over the next week, and we'll get this thing kicked off on September 25th.

This is a lot to tackle no matter how you cut it, so I think this is how we'll break it down.

We'll have 17 initial groups of 11 stories each, and one group of 12.
That will narrow it down to 54 stories for the second round, divided up into 6 groups of 9.
Semifinals will be 18 stories, so 3 groups of 6 which will give us 9 stories for the Final Round.

I hope you're all ready for a long journey!

ACreamer
Palmer

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2017, 12:26:37 PM »

...We have 199 total submissions (wow... this is going to be fun)...

Looking forward to reading everyone's work!

Past is yet another word for the indelible ink that stains the soul
Not-a-Robot
Hipparch

Now 100% biological and 3 x more optimism!

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2017, 03:20:51 PM »

...We have 199 total submissions (wow... this is going to be fun)...

Looking forward to reading everyone's work!

Ditto
astrokath
Lochage

-between the singing stars-

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2017, 04:38:12 AM »

Anyway... submissions are over! wooo.

We have 199 total submissions (wow... this is going to be fun) so I'll be posting all the stories over the next week, and we'll get this thing kicked off on September 25th.

This is a lot to tackle no matter how you cut it, so I think this is how we'll break it down.

We'll have 17 initial groups of 11 stories each, and one group of 12.

Whoa, that's a lot of reading! Are you going to be opening groups daily, or every 48 hours like Ocicat did for PodCastle?

Not the droid you're looking for.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: