Author Topic: Where do you get your fantasy short fiction?  (Read 19000 times)

Roland

• Extern
    • StarShipSofa
Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 06:49:27 AM
I'm just curious -- is it because you guys don't like horror or because you don't like Pseudopod?
For me it is that I am not really into horror stories as much as I used to be.
Also I struggle to find time for my existing podcasts and books, with out adding anymore. :)

Alasdair5000

• Editor
    • My blog
Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 11:23:41 AM
Apologies for resurrecting this old thread.

I subscribe to the free weekly Hub Magazine
Every week your receive a newsletter containing  one short story, one review and a feature. There have already been some very good stories and hopefully it will continue this trend.

Hi Roland:)

Glad you're enjoying Hub:)  It's immense fun to do and hopefully, that comes across.

Roland

• Extern
    • StarShipSofa
Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 12:02:40 PM

Hi Roland:)

Glad you're enjoying Hub:)  It's immense fun to do and hopefully, that comes across.
Yes it does. The mix of stories is just right and I really like indepth features like this weeks on Jon Pertwees time as The Doctor.
I have posted about Hub on the StarShipSofa forums, as I love that postcast and think that the listeners would appreciate it.
It is just a shame you are wrong about Catherine Tate ;)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 12:05:58 PM by Roland »

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 04:43:39 AM
I get my fixes anywhere and everywhere I can grab them. I pick up anthologies, magazines (especially the older ones), as many podcasts as I can find. I especially love finding good condition old analog style magazines. I've found many a Spider Robinsons story, or auther I'd forgotten about, or never heard of in these little wonders. I grew up on the short story magazine format- and will always love it. Prolly why I adore escape artists so.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

CoachPaul

• Extern
Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 03:18:41 AM
Mostly from my collection of over 600 SF/F/H anthologies/Collections/Magazines. About 90% of which were written before 1990.