Author Topic: PseudoPod 558: Toward the Banner of the King  (Read 4213 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: September 04, 2017, 06:24:33 PM
PseudoPod 558: Toward the Banner of the King

by T.R. North.

“Toward the Banner of the King” is a Pseudopod original.

T.R. NORTH was born and raised in Florida and has never been featured in a “News of the Weird” column run in another state. Other works of short fiction can be found in the Sediments Literary-Arts Journal, Metaphorosis, and Phantaxis. Follow on twitter @northonthegulf or their blog northonthegulf.wordpress.com for updates.

This week’s reader – Justine Eyre is a classically trained actress who has narrated over three hundred audiobooks. With a prestigious Audie Award and four AudioFile Earphones Awards under her belt, Justine is multilingual and is known for her great facility with accents. She has appeared on stage in leading roles in King Lear and The Crucible, and has starring roles in four films on the indie circuit. Her recent television credits include Two and a Half Men and Mad Men.

Thanks to our sponsor, ARCHIVOS – a Story Mapping and Development Tool for writers, gamers, and storytellers of all kinds!

Info on Anders Manga’s album (they do our theme music!) can be found here.

In times past I often dreamt I was driving a carriage through the deserted streets of an alien city. In spite of the strangeness of the city, it seemed utterly familiar to me; in spite of the utter waste it presented, whenever I paused, passengers would appear and alight.

They were all masked, as was I. Communication between us was unnecessary, as there was only one fit destination in the whole of the city. They were dressed in fine clothing, but it had the air of costume, and I could find nothing of their true condition in it.

No matter how many passengers I took on, the carriage never filled.

No matter how long I drove, we never drew so close as to see the crest on the yellow banners adorning the distant towers.

Listen to this week's Pseudopod.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 01:29:02 PM by Bdoomed »

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

DerangedMind

• Peltast
Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 12:43:22 PM
I really enjoyed the story, and the narration was totally on point.  Kudos to a great episode.

Ichneumon

• Matross
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:24:26 PM
My favorite part was the narration.