Author Topic: What has happened to Pseudopod?  (Read 5019 times)

elbarto13

• Extern
on: October 16, 2017, 04:20:22 AM
So, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this...I can't find Pseudopod episodes anywhere. At first I thought it was just my shitty computer after updating the latest version of iTunes. It said that I was no longer subscribed to the show, and all of the episodes that I had saved, not listened to yet, or that were present in the feed have all vanished. Ditto in the iTunes store. I tried resubscribing to no effect. Still no content, and now the familiar Pseudopod monster logo has been replaced with a picture of Mighty Mouse. I don't have a subscription to Stitcher, but I went there to see if I could find anything, only to discover the same Mighty Mouse logo next to its name.

Looking to pseudopod.org was even a bigger shock, as the whole website seems to have been wiped. All that is left is a message from yesterday (Oct. 14, 2017) saying "Hello, World." I really hope that this is some sort of prank, reboot, or even a hack, anything but the end of the podcast...

If anyone else has any idea what's going on, I'd really appreciate the information. I sent an email to the admin at Escape Pod, so as soon as I hear something, I'll keep you guys updated. Hope you all will do the same. Thanks.

eytanz

Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 08:54:03 AM
I'm not sure of the details, but I know there were some technical issues with the server. The website is back now, though it's missing some images.

I'm not sure what happened to your saved episodes, though - if iTunes deletes saved episodes from a podcast when it cannot connect to the server that sounds like a problem that Apple ought to fix.

elbarto13

• Extern
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 12:59:50 PM
Thanks for the info. It appears all is well again, save the Mighty Mouse picture haha!

alfie

• Extern
Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 02:55:09 PM
I also had the same concerns, as last episode posted that I can see was "A Howling Dog" from 30th Sept - excellent as always - can anyone find one since then?

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 05:46:29 PM
We're working on it

Marguerite

• Editor
    • Cast of Wonders
Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 07:37:24 PM
And now it's back... better than ever!!
Marguerite

Alea Iacta Est!