Author Topic: PC492: The White Fox  (Read 2923 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: October 17, 2017, 09:17:22 PM
PodCastle 492: The White Fox

by L. P. Lee
read by Alexa Ahn

Previously published by Eastlit March 2015

Rated PG-13.

Five days have passed since I was a prisoner in those red brick walls, but every night I return there. In my night time terrors I am back in the squalor of that cell, surrounded by anguished people, so cramped that you can barely sit comfortably, let alone lie down to sleep. Cells without heat in the harsh Seoul winters, or cool relief in the sweltering summers; breeding grounds for exhaustion, frost bite and death.

Click here to continue reading.

Born to a British father and a South Korean mother, L. P. Lee grew up somewhere in between South London and South Korea. Her fiction has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize, selected for Best New Horror #27 (ed. Stephen Jones), and featured in Virtual Futures Salons (Lights of Soho, UK).

Alexa Ahn is a twenty-one year-old college student studying theatre arts with the aim to have a career in the field (both on and off the stage) while doing some other creative work on the side. Fantasy is her favorite genre of fiction and she loves reading during a cold, rainy day with her cats and a nice cup of tea. This is her first time doing voice work in over three years, and she is very excited to be back and doing it.

Listen to this week’s PodCastle!

irishlazz

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 06:40:42 PM
 This was less like a short story and more like chapter 1. I want more. I want to hear her journey to find her sister, and how she succeeds or doesn't, and returns to the white wolf. And then maybe a prequel about the white wolf and how she came to be there. 

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." A.Einstein

Katzentatzen

• Matross
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 10:21:10 PM
I like the idea of spiritual forces and creatures offering succor to the victims of oppression.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN