Escape Artists
January 23, 2018, 06:35:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EP604: Given Sufficient Desperation  (Read 366 times)
eytanz

« on: December 03, 2017, 10:53:37 AM »

Escape Pod 604: Given Sufficient Desperation

AUTHOR: Bogi Takács
NARRATOR: Alethea Kontis
HOST: Divya Breed

---

An ice cream cone.

A ceramic mug—brown with a single green stripe around the rim.

A smartphone—I don’t recognise the brand. It’s been a while.

Two sheaves of corn.

A plush caterpillar toy from some cartoon.

A table—rather worn, I’d say Danish Modern, but I’m not sure.

I need a break.

Listen to this week’s Escape Pod!
Princess Alethea
Extern

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 05:43:47 PM »

It was an honor to narrate Bogi's story--thank you for the opportunity!

Author. Costumer. Narrator. Defender of Misfit Fairy Tales.
Scuba Man
Peltast

Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:37:45 PM »

Um, timestamp 14:22.  My narrator had some gastric distress.  Huh Oh dear. How did that get past the editing chopping block?
Otherwise, an interesting story & world.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"What can do that to a man?  Lightning... napalm? No, some people just explode [sic]. Natural causes".  Source: Repo Man.
acpracht
EA Staff

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 04:57:05 PM »

Um, timestamp 14:22.  My narrator had some gastric distress.  Huh Oh dear. How did that get past the editing chopping block?

Combination of a rather quiet "urp," a substandard pair of earbuds used in a pinch, and some multitasking.

Patience, please, when there's a snafu at your job, I suspect it isn't heard by 10K+ listeners. Wink

In any case, a new, urp-free version is now uploaded.

-Adam
Katzentatzen
Peltast

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 03:57:39 PM »

I don’t mind urps, you all are only human. (Though this is Escape Pod, so who knows...)

I found it very satisfying that an entire alien infrastructure was disabled by one human thinking out of the box. Also that she didn’t out-think them, but out-feeling’d them. Anger can be a tool in the face of complacency.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN
Scuba Man
Peltast

Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 02:35:53 PM »

Combination of a rather quiet "urp," a substandard pair of earbuds used in a pinch, and some multitasking.

Patience, please, when there's a snafu at your job, I suspect it isn't heard by 10K+ listeners. Wink

-Adam
Ten Thousand?! Now, we need all of those ears to donate to the Pod with a subscription. I love my EA forum.

"What can do that to a man?  Lightning... napalm? No, some people just explode [sic]. Natural causes".  Source: Repo Man.
acpracht
EA Staff

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »

-Adam
Ten Thousand?! Now, we need all of those ears to donate to the Pod with a subscription. I love my EA forum.
Yeah, that's an accurate number. Smiley

And I second your proposal. Wink
Ichneumon
Peltast

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 10:09:07 AM »

I thought the story was ok. I'm still pretty confused about the point of the alien occupation. The main character seems to be worse off now that the aliens left... She doesn't want to go with the rebels, and who will take care of her and her health problems with out the aliens?
CryptoMe
Hipparch

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 02:19:12 AM »

Liked the complexity of the aliens and humans in this one.
Really liked that it was set in not-america. Loved that the narrator's voice and accent.
Well done!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: