Escape Artists
December 18, 2017, 11:42:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EP604: Given Sufficient Desperation  (Read 162 times)
eytanz

« on: December 03, 2017, 10:53:37 AM »

Escape Pod 604: Given Sufficient Desperation

AUTHOR: Bogi Takács
NARRATOR: Alethea Kontis
HOST: Divya Breed

---

An ice cream cone.

A ceramic mug—brown with a single green stripe around the rim.

A smartphone—I don’t recognise the brand. It’s been a while.

Two sheaves of corn.

A plush caterpillar toy from some cartoon.

A table—rather worn, I’d say Danish Modern, but I’m not sure.

I need a break.

Listen to this week’s Escape Pod!
Princess Alethea
Extern

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 05:43:47 PM »

It was an honor to narrate Bogi's story--thank you for the opportunity!

Author. Costumer. Narrator. Defender of Misfit Fairy Tales.
Scuba Man
Peltast

Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:37:45 PM »

Um, timestamp 14:22.  My narrator had some gastric distress.  Huh Oh dear. How did that get past the editing chopping block?
Otherwise, an interesting story & world.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"What can do that to a man?  Lightning... napalm? No, some people just explode [sic]. Natural causes".  Source: Repo Man.
acpracht
EA Staff

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 04:57:05 PM »

Um, timestamp 14:22.  My narrator had some gastric distress.  Huh Oh dear. How did that get past the editing chopping block?

Combination of a rather quiet "urp," a substandard pair of earbuds used in a pinch, and some multitasking.

Patience, please, when there's a snafu at your job, I suspect it isn't heard by 10K+ listeners. Wink

In any case, a new, urp-free version is now uploaded.

-Adam
Katzentatzen
Peltast

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 03:57:39 PM »

I don’t mind urps, you all are only human. (Though this is Escape Pod, so who knows...)

I found it very satisfying that an entire alien infrastructure was disabled by one human thinking out of the box. Also that she didn’t out-think them, but out-feeling’d them. Anger can be a tool in the face of complacency.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN
Scuba Man
Peltast

Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 02:35:53 PM »

Combination of a rather quiet "urp," a substandard pair of earbuds used in a pinch, and some multitasking.

Patience, please, when there's a snafu at your job, I suspect it isn't heard by 10K+ listeners. Wink

-Adam
Ten Thousand?! Now, we need all of those ears to donate to the Pod with a subscription. I love my EA forum.

"What can do that to a man?  Lightning... napalm? No, some people just explode [sic]. Natural causes".  Source: Repo Man.
acpracht
EA Staff

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »

-Adam
Ten Thousand?! Now, we need all of those ears to donate to the Pod with a subscription. I love my EA forum.
Yeah, that's an accurate number. Smiley

And I second your proposal. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: