Escape Artists
December 16, 2017, 11:46:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PseudoPod 572: Deconstructing Hillsdale  (Read 124 times)
Bdoomed
Pseudopod Tiger

Mmm. Tiger.

« on: December 07, 2017, 09:16:10 PM »

PseudoPod 572: Deconstructing Hillsdale

by D. Morgan Ballmer
Narrated by David Cummings, Scott Campbell, Moaner T. Lawrence, Brian Lieberman, and Alex Hofelich

PseudoPod 572: Deconstructing Hillsdale is a PseudoPod original.

Content Warning:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There was no real way for the news to tell the story anyway. Think of those 3-D sculptures which appear as an elephant when seen head on, but take four steps to the right and suddenly it looks like a giraffe. Same with the Hillsdale event – you look directly at the facts and you will never see the evidence that matters. You have to approach it sideways.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?
Michael W. Cho
Extern

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 04:42:29 PM »

The host's words after the show made me think about the story in a whole new way. I think I need to listen/read again, because now I'm not even sure what I think about it. I did enjoy the unusual structure.
Scuba Man
Peltast

Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 02:49:34 PM »

A No Sleep & PseudoPod collaboration?! Might fine, mighty fine.  I shared it with my spouse who teaches Theory Of Knowledge (ToK) in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program at her high school.

"What can do that to a man?  Lightning... napalm? No, some people just explode [sic]. Natural causes".  Source: Repo Man.
Katzentatzen
Peltast

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 01:06:31 PM »

So where is Pseudopod 571..? Anyway, I really like "patchwork" narratives where one has to piece together the story from many different accounts and mediums. Personally, I think #RandyIsAHero.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN
Sgarre1
Editor

"Let There Be Fright!"

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 01:12:23 PM »

571 will be arriving shortly. We apologize for the delay.
Katzentatzen
Peltast

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 01:15:52 PM »

571 will be arriving shortly. We apologize for the delay.

Great to hear, Shawn! Just making sure it wasn't eaten by a chthonic tentacled horror.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: