Author Topic: PC501: The Christmas Abomination from Beyond the Back of the Stars  (Read 2648 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
PodCastle 501: The Christmas Abomination from Beyond the Back of the Stars

Tim Pratt is the author of over twenty novels, including Heirs of Grace and forthcoming space opera The Wrong Stars. His short fiction has appeared in The Best American Short Stories, The Year’s Best Fantasy, The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror, and other nice places. He’s a Hugo Award winner, and has been a finalist for World Fantasy, Sturgeon, Stoker, Mythopoeic, and Nebula Awards, among others. He lives in Berkeley CA and works as a senior editor at Locus, a trade magazine devoted to science fiction and fantasy publishing. For more than two years he’s been publishing a new story every month for supporters at patreon.com/timpratt.

Heather Shaw is a writer, editor, bookkeeper, and lindy hopper living in Berkeley, CA with her husband Tim and son River. She’s the fiction editor at the pro SF zine, Persistent Visions and has had short fiction published in Strange Horizons, The Year’s Best Fantasy, Escape Pod, PodCastle, and other nice places. She’s been a featured author at the SF in SF Reading series in San Francisco and read her poetry in front of disgruntled grunge concert-goers at Lollapalooza back when it was a thing.

Rish Outfield is a writer, voice actor, and audiobook narrator. He got his start co-hosting the Dunesteef Audio Fiction Magazine and That Gets My Goat podcasts, where he and Big Anklevich attempt to waste time entertainingly. He also features his own stories on the Rish Outcast podcast. He once got a job because of his Sean Connery impersonation . . . but has lost two due to his Samuel L. Jackson impression.

Listen to this week’s PodCastle!

Frank Evans

• Lochage
    • All of Algonquin
So, that was super fun. The voice work was amazing as well. Thanks to everyone involved.

Kaa

• Hipparch
  • Trusst in me, jusst in me.
    • WriteWright
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Elder gods bless us, every one!

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Jethro's belt

• Palmer
We could use a man like Professor Moriarty again.

Katzentatzen

• Matross
I’m not really a fan of the wacky fantasy genre, but this was charming, and Rish is an extremely versatile voice actor. I especially loved his abomination voice.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN