Author Topic: PseudoPod 575: Christmas Present  (Read 3793 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: December 26, 2017, 03:01:43 AM
PseudoPod 575: Christmas Present

by Ramsey Campbell
Narrated by Phil Lunt

“Christmas Present” originally appeared in the NAMELESS PLACES anthology edited by Gerald W. Page in 1975, followed by THE YEAR’S BEST HORROR STORIES: SERIES IV anthology, also edited by Page, in 1976. A slightly different version of the story was broadcast on BBC radio Mersey-side on December 24th, 1969, there read by Gavin Richards, produced by Tony Wolfe and with a special electronic score by Donald Henshilwood – and the story is thus dedicated to these three gentlemen. This presentation features audio production by your editor, Shawn Garrett using some sounds from Freesound,org and dedicated to Zoviet France, the sisters of St. Francis Academy and the 1971 film THE NIGHT CALLER.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 02:59:45 PM
I loved the sound-scape for this festive (!?) episode. After the bells chimed, I wondered who the student was and what was in the anti-present?

Happy holidays, eh.

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Katzentatzen

• Matross
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:47:10 PM
The sound design was astounding! Really brought my dread to a crescendo.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 11:54:01 PM
Thanks! I worked hard on that!

Ichneumon

• Matross
Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 01:53:46 PM
Anti-Christmas from the anti-Christ?