Author Topic: CoW Ep. 290: Everything You Have Seen  (Read 1753 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: February 06, 2018, 12:33:01 PM
Cast of Wonders 290: Everything You Have Seen

• Author: Alisa Alering
• Narrator: Adela Kwon
• Host: Marguerite Kenner
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• Originally published in in Writers of the Future (Vol. 29)
Click here to listen to Episode 290

Alisa Alering was hatched in a secret hollow in the Appalachian mountains of Pennsylvania, where she ran around barefoot and talked to the to trees. She now lives in Indiana. Her stories have been podcast by PodCastle, Drabblecast, and Toasted Cake. She is currently at work on a young adult novel.

Adela Jaehee Kwon is a third year student studying International Relations and Politics at Sheffield University. Originally from South Korea, she’s been living in Sheffield for almost three years. She likes travelling and exploring new things that she has never done before: narrating for Cast of Wonders was one of them. Adela feels there is still room for improvement but she hopes you all enjoy her reading.

I went outside to get away from Chung-hee.

The snow in the courtyard was coming down in thick flakes, making that special kind of silence like the whole world has been wrapped in a cotton bojagi cloth and put away for the night. I thought at first that the guns had stopped. Then a flash lit the sky over our empty chicken coop. The boom traveled through the snowy ground, up my legs and spine and into my skull.

Tags:  Adela Kwon, Alisa Alering, Cast of Wonders, family, Fantasy, ghosts, Historical Fantasy, Horror Fantasy, siblings, war, Young Adult fiction