Author Topic: CoW Ep. 291: If Only Kissing Made It So  (Read 2304 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: February 17, 2018, 03:38:29 PM
Cast of Wonders 291: If Only Kissing Made It So

• Author: Jason Kimble
• Narrator: Max Gladstone
• Host: Marguerite Kenner
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
Cast of Wonders 291: If Only Kissing Made it So is a Cast of Wonders original.
Click here to listen to Episode 291

Jason Kimble left the tornadoes of Michigan for the hurricanes of Florida, because spinning air is better when it’s warm. He lives there with his finally-legal husband. His most recent work appears or is forthcoming in Betwixt, The Sockdolager, Clockwork Phoenix 5, and Escape Pod. You can find more of his nattering at this website, Process Wonk, or on Twitter.

Max Gladstone is the Hugo, John W Campbell, XYZZY, and Lambda Award-Nominated author of the Craft Sequence, beginning with THREE PARTS DEAD and most recently continuing in RUIN OF ANGELS. He is also a game designer, and the lead writer on the globetrotting urban fantasy serial BOOKBURNERS, available in ebook and audio from Serial Box, and in print from Saga Press.

Max lived and taught for two years in rural Anhui province, and has traveled throughout Asia and Europe. He speaks Chinese, can embarrass himself reading Latin, and is a martial artist, fencer, and fiddler. He’s also worked as a research assistant for the Berkman Center for Internet and Policy Law, a tour guide for the Swiss Embassy, a go-between for a suspicious Chinese auto magazine, a translator, a philosophy TA, a tech industry analyst, and an editor. He has wrecked a bicycle in Angkor Wat, sung at Carnegie Hall, and been thrown from a horse in Mongolia. Check out his website, or follow him on Twitter.

This afternoon, the boy I’ve had a crush on for years told me two things: he loves me, and he’s a time traveler. I’m not sure if I feel crazier believing the first or the second.

If I’d known Lucas Medina had rung the doorbell, I would have thrown on a good shirt. At the very least, I would have dumped my snack in the garbage. Instead, I opened the door wearing a stained Atari T and sucking on a bright green ring pop, and instantly wanted a do over.

“Hey, Smarty. You busy?”

Tags: Cast of Wonders, Fantasy, first kiss, high school, Jason Kimble, jock, LGBT, Max Gladstone, Modern Fantasy, nerd, QUILTBAG, romance, time travel, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 10:30:44 PM by danooli »