Author Topic: PseudoPod 566: Flash On The Borderlands XL: Halloween Street  (Read 4593 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
PseudoPod 566: Flash On The Borderlands XL: Halloween Street

Author: Steve Rasnic Tem
Narrators: Alasdair Stuart, Brian Lieberman, Setsu Uzume and Daniel Braum

“Halloween Street” was originally published in The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, July 1999 and was nominated for both a Stoker and an International Horror Guild award. “Tricks” “Butcher Paper” and “Masks of Me” were originally published in The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, December 1999 as part of “Tricks & Treats: One Night on Halloween Street”. “Halloween Street” was reprinted in Steve’s collection Celestial Inventories.

This Flash on the Borderlands is a set of stories by Steve Rasnic Tem, all set on Halloween Street.

“Halloween Street” is narrated by Alasdair Stuart.

“Masks of Me” is narrated by Daniel Braum.

“Butcher Paper” is narrated by Setsu Uzume.

“Tricks” is narrated by Brian Lieberman.

The music accompanying the Halloween Parade is “Creeper” from the album “Necrophiliac Among the Living Dead” by Terrortron, a side project of Anders Manga.

Listen to this week's Pseudopod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Katzentatzen

• Matross
Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 02:28:19 PM
The Butcher Paper one was a punch to the gut!

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN

C.S. Walker

• Extern
Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 04:25:36 AM
Steve Rasnic Tem has a singular talent for writing 1-paragraph-or-less stories that will make your guts twist inside you.

I will never forget the first time I read "2:00pm; The Real Estate Agent Arrives". These are definitely in that same vein.

Ichneumon

• Matross
Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:49:57 AM
Halloween Street is a strange place, but I liked the ambiance.

kbk

• Extern
Loved this so much it got me back on the forum after many years perfecting my lurk.

Can someone tell me if Alasdair is still sharing the list of who is in the Halloween parade, and if so, where?

- kbk the grue

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Loved this so much it got me back on the forum after many years perfecting my lurk.

Can someone tell me if Alasdair is still sharing the list of who is in the Halloween parade, and if so, where?

- kbk the grue

Welcome back! I think the parade info was shared on Patreon.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

kbk

• Extern
Ahh, ok. I'm a subscriber through paypal. I may have missed a premium content share somewhere down the line.

Thanks for responding!

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.

Ahh, ok. I'm a subscriber through paypal. I may have missed a premium content share somewhere down the line.

Thanks for responding!

If you are a donor and have missed the "thanks" e-mails, hit this form as they want the questions funneled here: http://escapeartists.net/contact/

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”