Author Topic: CoW Ep. 294: Earn Your Breath - Artemis Rising 4 (And Ep. 338!)  (Read 2658 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Cast of Wonders 294: Artemis Rising 4 – Earn Your Breath

Also, Episode 338! A Staff Pick for 2018! Hosted by community manager Dani Daly

• Author: Jaime O. Mayer
• Narrator: Ibba Armancas
• Hosts: Megan Leigh, Charlotte Bond and Lucy Hounsom
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• Artist : Geneva Benton
Cast of Wonders 294: Earn Your Breath is a Cast of Wonders original.
Click here to listen to Episode 294

Jaime O. Mayer shares her Seattle home with two needy cats, too many fish tanks, and a patient husband. When she isn’t reading or writing, she enjoys many hobbies including knitting, PC gaming, and photography. Powered by tea and buried in yarn, she blogs infrequently at jaimeomayer.com, and can be found on social media as @JaimeOMayer. She has a personal essay on the representation of adoption in SFF forthcoming in the Invisible 3 anthology.

Raised by swordfighters and eastern European freedom fighters, Ibba Armancas is a writer-director currently based in Los Angeles. Her darkly comedic genre sensibilities are showcased in two webseries and a feature film forthcoming later this year. One day she will find time to make a website, but in the mean time you can follow her projects and adventures on Twitter or Instagram.

Liith had fought the Snake Island raiders every summer since her fifteenth year and had yet to taste defeat. She had dueled the boat-men of the north with their fish-belly white skin and won the pair of metal knives envied by many a man in her village. Yet, it was the sight of the latch on the cookshack door that filled her with dread. Gray Stone’s village elders said fate could not be changed, and she would rather die than prove them right. But each passing day brought her twentieth year closer, and her throat remained bare of a breath mark.

Tags: Artemis Rising, Artemis Rising 4, Breaking the Glass Slipper, Cast of Wonders, Charlotte Bond, Fantasy, Gender Roles, Ibba Armancas, Injustice, Jamie O. Mayer, Lucy Hounsom, magic, Megan Leigh, Warriors, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:17:09 PM by danooli »

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 11:28:17 PM
Rather enjoyable episode, and good guest hosts. Loved the parallels in some of the story structure to Robert E. Howard including the excellent fight scene and the snakelike antagonists.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”