Author Topic: PseudoPod 588: ARTEMIS RISING 4: The Good Mothers’ Home for Wayward Girls  (Read 3830 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?

PseudoPod 588: ARTEMIS RISING 4: The Good Mothers’ Home for Wayward Girls

by Izzy Wasserstein
Narrated by Tatiana Grey
Hosted by Sarah Gailey

PseudoPod 588: ARTEMIS RISING 4: The Good Mothers’ Home for Wayward Girls is a PseudoPod original.

One of the Mothers shoves the new girl into the dorm room, the slick threads of the Mother’s grasp lingering long enough that several of us shiver. The new girl wears a short dress, shot through with sunset, though we are not sure we remember sunsets properly. The hem of the dress is ragged and mud-caked. It is the most beautiful thing we have ever seen. We hate the new girl.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 02:11:12 PM by Bdoomed »

Sandra M. Odell

• Peltast
Chilling.  I loved the texture of the prose, the way the words slid over my imagination.

Katzentatzen

• Matross
I am all about post-apocalypse and capsule societies. Reminded me of Lord of the Flies? But with girls and an alien overlord? I wish them luck.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN

RexMagenta

• Palmer
I loved the subtlety of the moment where she wasn't the new girl any more. That was a nice switch.

It's fun to stay at the \o/ <o> (o_ /o\

Pronouns: she/her

Ichneumon

• Matross
Good and scary story. My only complaint is that the narrator kept saying "we" when describing the actions of the girls, but the narrator's point of view was never assigned to a character, and the girls were not a collective (like in PC521: We Are Sirens). I kept waiting for an additional character to be introduced. Belle felt separate from the "we" for the entire story. I couldn't tell at times who was supposed to be included.