Author Topic: PseudoPod 590: Emperor All  (Read 4147 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: April 17, 2018, 01:38:24 AM
PseudoPod 590: Emperor All

by Evan Marcroft
Narrated by Kris Straub
Hosted by Alasdair Stuart

Show Notes

PseudoPod 590: Emperor All is a PseudoPod original.

It is like X-ray vision. Like in the comic books from when he was ten. John blinks the rain out of his eyes, and suddenly he can see through the mugger, through his shellacking of wet muscle and scaffolding of bone to the chassis beneath, to the gears and flywheels that make him move and point the knife at him. John reaches through a yielding mist of sinew and makes key refurbishments, so that the knife is aimed at the mugger’s own throat. He unscrews the man’s skull and with an easy tinkering makes him the saddest he’s ever been, plugs bright blaring red thoughts into his head.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Katzentatzen

• Matross
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 03:45:28 AM
I loved this. Absolute power, corrupts absolutely. I listened with a sick fascination.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 12:31:14 AM
This episode got weirder and weirder. And his final form was well described (yick).

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Moritz

• Lochage
Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 08:07:51 AM
Now that's what Melania Trump must feel like nowadays...

Michael W. Cho

• Palmer
Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 09:52:17 PM
Cool piece. I found myself very immersed.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 01:14:41 AM
Now that's what Melania Trump must feel like nowadays...

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

eytanz

Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 07:22:48 AM
This was well written and I followed it with morbid interest.

I loved this. Absolute power, corrupts absolutely. I listened with a sick fascination.

I don’t actually think that is the theme, because the guy was already pretty awful from moment one. The first thing he did with his powers was murder a mugger and walk away without a tether thought. The second thing was steal a car. There isn’t a single moment, not even at the beginning, when he considers helping anyone else with his powers - not even his wife. This isn’t “a decent guy gets corrupted by power” story, it’s a “sociopath gets ultimate power” story.