Author Topic: Story behind your avatar?  (Read 112245 times)

7by12

• Extern
  • Don't drink and post.
Reply #75 on: July 22, 2008, 05:11:09 AM
In the few posts I've made here, my avatar has received as much attention as my feeble attempts to communicate someting entertaining/meaningful. This is not including the posts which have been ignored and I deleted. Don't drink and post.

So, it's from the TV show Scrubs. You should see the animated version.

http://web.mac.com/aaroncrouch/iWeb/Hosted/Avatars%20etc..html

My daughter is now 4, and this is the avatar I chose for myself when I realized that I was not the nice guy I always thought I was (before she was 2) but I was actually Shrek. The Ogre. The monster who yells a lot.

I don't like me sometimes, but at least I'm keeping her warm.

Yours,

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Reply #76 on: July 22, 2008, 02:34:07 PM

Dude, you can't change that avatar!  You've had it the whole time you've been posting here.  I might not recognize you next time. ;)

It would be cool if a person's old avatar stuck with the old postings.  I seem to recall this video avatar of a kitten coming out of some guy's mouth, freaking hilarious.

Also, I miss the giant dead rat sculpture.

Cool, now both of my favorite avatar concerns from January have been addressed.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #77 on: July 26, 2008, 03:58:07 AM

Dude, you can't change that avatar!  You've had it the whole time you've been posting here.  I might not recognize you next time. ;)

It would be cool if a person's old avatar stuck with the old postings.  I seem to recall this video avatar of a kitten coming out of some guy's mouth, freaking hilarious.

Now *that's* service!  ;D

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

Russell Nash

Reply #78 on: July 26, 2008, 09:58:00 AM

Now *that's* service!  ;D

We aim to please.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #79 on: August 10, 2008, 10:06:57 PM
I like taking pictures. Pictures of anything and everything. I LOVE taking them to editing software and editing or just playing with them. It's guaranteed just about anything I end up with as an avatar is a picture I've taken myself. My last one was a self portrait rendered in sepia with some color touches re-added. Plus it made me look angry and sorta hot. But.. realizing self pictures may seem vain I have changed to a really cool tree I saw in San Pedro California during a vacation there. I have an amazingly short attention span, so it's virtually guaranteed my pictures will change without much warning based solely on whim and my own very warped sense of humor/timing.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

Zathras

Reply #80 on: August 11, 2008, 01:30:44 AM
We named our cat Zathras, so it's only fitting that I use him for my avatar.  He adopted us one day, poor thing was pretty lean.  Now he spends his time watching Wrestling, Babylon 5, Cubs games and Bears games.  We have caught him listening to podcasts on occasion.  And yes, the remote is his.

GIGO

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Reply #81 on: August 13, 2008, 01:43:05 AM
We named our cat Zathras, so it's only fitting that I use him for my avatar.  He adopted us one day, poor thing was pretty lean.  Now he spends his time watching Wrestling, Babylon 5, Cubs games and Bears games.  We have caught him listening to podcasts on occasion.  And yes, the remote is his.

GIGO

Cool.  I used to have the name Zathras on the EP forums a while back before I accidently deleted that account.   Loved B5 myself, but I'm a Brewers and Packer fan so we'll have to when it comes to sports. 

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan

Hilary Moon Murphy

• Palmer
  • Proving the inherent superiority of purple hair
Reply #82 on: September 11, 2008, 10:22:03 PM
I dyed my hair purple in celebration of my 40th birthday.  I figured that I had never done anything radical with my appearance (piercings, tattoos, mohawks) and it was time to do something.  So I went purple.  This photo was taken the day after my dye job.

Hmm

ieDaddy

• Palmer
    • Experiences of an Inland Empire Dad
Reply #83 on: September 11, 2008, 11:00:33 PM
I don't have a story really - I just saw this picture many years ago and thought "so that's what a troll baby looks like" and it's sort of stuck with me ever since...

The weird thing is that I'm pretty sure I've lost it several times as I've migrated from one computer to the next - and yet somehow it magically appears on my computer sooner or later.  Bit creepy when I think about it really.

Zathras

Reply #84 on: September 12, 2008, 12:56:17 AM

GIGO

Cool.  I used to have the name Zathras on the EP forums a while back before I accidently deleted that account.   Loved B5 myself, but I'm a Brewers and Packer fan so we'll have to when it comes to sports. 

Alas, we will have to stay away from those subjects.  Politics I can be detatched.  Sports are important ;D

This picture was when my 'hawk was red, it's Cubs blue now

Zathras

Reply #85 on: November 18, 2008, 02:09:59 PM
The white flag avatar is my way of making peace.  I don't really want to come here to start political arguments.  I much prefer the poinless, brainless variety.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 11:40:41 PM by Zathras »

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #86 on: November 18, 2008, 04:55:24 PM
This is the story behind my avatar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP5D2apU2SE

I just adore this video to death.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #87 on: November 18, 2008, 05:35:14 PM
This is the story behind my avatar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP5D2apU2SE

I just adore this video to death.
OMG THAT WAS AWESOME hahahaha

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #88 on: November 18, 2008, 07:27:05 PM

Zathras

Reply #89 on: November 26, 2008, 04:47:28 PM
Almost got the entire rainbow in.  Tracie worked really hard to get the colors properly dispersed.

You should see how many people do a double take!  Not often you see a guy that's 6'5 sportin' a rainbow mohawk!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 11:36:35 PM by Zathras »

Russell Nash

Reply #90 on: November 26, 2008, 06:00:47 PM
Almost got the entire rainbow in.  Tracie worked really hard to get the colors properly dispersed.

You should see how many people do a double take!  Not often you see a guy that's 6'5 sportin' a rainbow mohawk!

They say, "wow, look at the really tall gay guy showing the colors with a Mohawk."

You change your avatar so often, that you should put the picture in your post too.

Zathras

Reply #91 on: November 26, 2008, 06:03:34 PM
Actually, they generally don't say anything.  It's funny to hear mothers hushing their children.  Generally, when someone says something, they get a smile and thank you.

I'll go back and add the pictures.  Sometime.  I promise.  Really.

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #92 on: November 27, 2008, 02:04:09 AM
Not often you see a guy that's 6'5 sportin' a rainbow mohawk!
Maybe I was a little too far into the punk scene (yes, it still exists) when I was in London, but I wouldn't think of that as being notable.

Science means that not all dreams can come true

Zathras

Reply #93 on: November 28, 2008, 12:55:46 AM
Not often you see a guy that's 6'5 sportin' a rainbow mohawk!
Maybe I was a little too far into the punk scene (yes, it still exists) when I was in London, but I wouldn't think of that as being notable.

At truckstops, it's very notable.

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #94 on: December 02, 2008, 07:10:46 PM
My avatar is supposed to be Kid A, but the link is broken.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #95 on: December 05, 2008, 05:42:19 AM
[edit] Avatar in use at time of this post:

[/edit]

I am a twelve-year-old girl.

;D actually I'm the uncle to a twelve-year-old girl and her ten-year-old sister.  But I'm "walking the walk" since this was the avatar I suggested in Nash's previous "choose my avatar" poll, and I'd never suggest somebody else use an avatar that I wouldn't use myself.

Another month or two, and it's back to Eeyore, the only Milne character that I really identify with.  ;).  Yeah, and my favorite Douglas Adams character is Marvin.  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:39:57 AM by stePH »

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #96 on: December 17, 2008, 10:08:22 PM
I liked my old avatar a lot but when I saw this picture I just had to give it a test drive.

Edit: good point! here's the picture now with extra viewability goodness.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:16:21 PM by Talia »

Zathras

Reply #97 on: December 17, 2008, 10:11:46 PM
I liked my old avatar a lot but when I saw this picture I just had to give it a test drive.

I like this one!

Russell Nash

Reply #98 on: December 17, 2008, 10:37:08 PM

Add the photo to your post, so we'll have it for posterity if you change it again.

Zathras

Reply #99 on: December 17, 2008, 11:45:23 PM
Put up some of my old pics in the apropriate posts.  Here is the zobmie icon I used.  It was my $4 Halloween costume.  I already had the cat's eye contacts.