Author Topic: PC525: Rabbit Grass  (Read 4104 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: June 05, 2018, 09:49:00 PM

RexMagenta

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 11:19:15 AM
This didn't at all go the way I expected (which is a good thing!) I kept expecting tricks that didn't happen and instead it was surprisingly sweet.

Also, I really love the line, "There's a nice breeze blowing the sting off the sunshine."

It's fun to stay at the \o/ <o> (o_ /o\

Pronouns: she/her

lesdiaboliques

• Peltast
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 01:00:23 PM
This was a surprisingly happy story that I found really refreshing, without being too sweet. The characters were really brought to life by the narration and this story is one of the strongest examples I’ve experienced of audio fiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AliceNred

• Peltast
Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 06:43:17 AM
Because the narrator was so young I thought the reader should have been young too.

I liked picturing the story in my head. Kind of like Easter rabbits, without any chocolate.

I still find myself thinking of what it would be like to live there and what would happen to those of that have brown thumbs.

Stop throwing gnomes at me. They hurt.

Katzentatzen

• Matross
Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 10:48:25 PM
I couldn't follow this one at all, which I attribute to my own failings, as it's common with me and stories read in this accent. I live in New England and never hear it.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN

Jethro's belt

• Palmer
Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 07:38:29 PM
Started out thinking I wouldn't like this, but not so, I did like it. Got used to the point of view that everything is both familiar but completely different and good story-telling, didn't need an appearance from a dragon or some such.

TrishEM

• Matross
Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 05:48:03 AM
I really enjoyed the feel of this story. I was worried for a little while that Aris was going to be tricked into marriage by ignorance of rabbit customs, but it turned out to be a sweetly unexpected courtship.

Jen

• Palmer
Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 01:56:14 PM
This was really sweet and I loved the narrator. A very good story to listen to in the drive home from work, it really helped me unwind! Though, to be honest, I don't think I would have loved it so much if I had read it.

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

Kerra

• Extern
Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 02:09:16 PM

Also, I really love the line, "There's a nice breeze blowing the sting off the sunshine."

That was delightful! Smitten.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Kerra

• Extern
Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 02:10:11 PM
So refreshing and relaxing to hear a lovely story for story's sake.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ichneumon

• Matross
Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 07:49:22 PM
I liked the multiple unique fantastic elements in this story. I thought the talking, human sized rabbits were going to be it, and then the cute little vegetables were introduced. That's when I was really won over.