Author Topic: CoW Ep. 307: Sidekicks Wanted  (Read 2434 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: June 19, 2018, 01:22:07 PM
Cast of Wonders 307: Sidekicks Wanted

• Author: Laura Johnson
• Narrator: Jason Arquin
• Host: Marguerite Kenner
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• Cast of Wonders 307: "Sidekicks Wanted" was originally published in the anthology Heroes by Bushmead Publishing (October 2015).
Click here to listen to Episode 307

Laura Johnson is a fantasy writer who resides in London, Ontario, where she is pursuing graduate studies in Psychology at Western University. When she’s not writing for pleasure, she’s immersed in academia, researching prosocial and antisocial personality traits. A huge geek, she enjoys playing Dungeons & Dragons, dressing up in cosplay at conventions, and gaming with friends.
Previously, her work has appeared in three anthologies by Bushmead Publishing (Heroes, Monsters, and Scoundrels), and one story is scheduled to appear in As Told By Things, to be published by Atthis Arts following their Kickstarter campaign in March 2018.

J.S. Arquin is a writer, voice actor, audiobook producer and narrator, podcaster, entertainer, and adventurer. He has lived in beautiful, inspiring, and disturbing places all over the world, and currently makes his home in Portland, OR, where he dodges raindrops on his bicycle and sometimes writes about himself in the third person. His fiction has appeared in Plasma Frequency, The Best Vegan SFF of 2016, and Digital SF, among others. He has produced over a dozen independent audiobooks, and his narrations have been featured on Escape Pod, Cast of Wonders, and Starship Sofa. You can catch his ramblings and some breathtaking speculative fiction on his podcast, The Overcast. www.theovercast.libsyn.com. You can also find him on Twitter @JS_Arquin.

Frank Mattie was sick of being a minion.
Sure, the pay was great (danger pay and all), travel expenses were covered (on a private jet, no less), and the on-site training had been a phenomenal learning experience (oh, to use that freeze ray again!). Yet, Frank was thinking of settling down, and there was nothing more disconcerting to a potential long-term lover than the very real possibility of his or her spouse dying on the job. (Minions, as you may know, invest heavily into life insurance.)

Tags: Cast of Wonders, employment, evil, good, Jason Arquin, job hunting, Laura Johnson, Marguerite Kenner, minion, nemesis, sidekick, superhero, superheroes, underlings, Young Adult fiction

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 10:47:19 PM
Having recently gone through interviews, and now being in a position where I'm running a number more (and am looking at three more sets before the end of the year) this one struck home nicely.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”