Author Topic: EP133: Other People’s Money  (Read 29876 times)

Loz

• Lochage
    • Blah Flowers
Reply #50 on: December 10, 2007, 06:43:03 PM
Oooh, don't make Him angry! You wouldn't like Him when He's angry! ;D

Russell Nash

Reply #51 on: December 10, 2007, 07:50:17 PM

God turns into the Hulk when he's angry??

Bunter

• Extern
Reply #52 on: December 10, 2007, 10:14:45 PM

How else did he move that rock from in front of the tomb?
 :o

Russell Nash

Reply #53 on: December 10, 2007, 10:19:58 PM

My father-in-law (the theologian) said it was Mary Magdalene commiting grave robbery.

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #54 on: December 10, 2007, 10:36:16 PM

My father-in-law (the theologian) said it was Mary Magdalene commiting grave robbery.

Move it to the zombie thread.

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

jamesotron

• Extern
Reply #55 on: December 11, 2007, 08:36:16 PM
Hey everyone.

As a native New Zealander even I found the story hard to understand.  There was a lot of popping and clicking and it sounded like there was way too much compressor on the audio.

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #56 on: December 16, 2007, 01:11:38 AM
I liked the accent. (Hey, I keep watching the Lord of the Rings special features DVDs partly for that.) It's just that there was so much of it for the first third of the reading. It also sounded like there was some swooshy artifacts from noise removal (a multi-band digital noise gate?) and even a few spots where it sounded like some bits were clipped from the track in the middle of phrases.

Once I got a clearer understanding of the setting, I still had no clue what the story was really about, but for some reason I quite listening to it. Maybe it was Amanda's enthusiastic delivery that made up for the initial confusion.

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

JoeFitz

• Matross
Reply #57 on: December 20, 2007, 02:40:36 AM
I liked the story and the accent. The compression was a bit high, but I have decent headphones, so I managed. I worried story was going to get very shrill and preachy but I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks again.

robertmarkbram

• Palmer
    • The Blog for Rob
Reply #58 on: January 07, 2008, 07:03:49 PM
I heard there was lots of negative feed back on this story from Ep 138 - In the Late December. I came here just to say a big Bollocks to all that. I thought the production on this ep was fine and Amanda Fitzwater's reading was what I enjoyed most about the story. I listened to it twice in the same day just so I could get more of her voice ... maybe because I couldn't understand a couple of words too, but I won't admit that to you! Personally I thought Amanda's reading was more enjoyable than the story itself - sorry Cory - and I would really enjoy more from Amanda.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #59 on: September 22, 2010, 04:12:08 PM
I didn't have too much problem with understanding.  In fact, Amanda Fitzwater's accent was the only reason I tuned in as long as I did.  If I could use her voice for pie filling, I would (whatever that means).

As for the content itself, I can see why Forbes.com bought it, as it seems to be nothing more than an essay on predicted economics.  I can't say I understand why it ended up here, though.  It was like reading a textbook with a glossy science fiction book cover glued on.