Author Topic: CoW Ep. 311: And Flights of Skuhwiggle  (Read 2783 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: July 16, 2018, 11:24:58 AM
Cast of Wonders 311: And Flights of Skuhwiggle

• Author: Charles Lee McDaniel
• Narrator: Scott Campbell
• Host: Katherine Inskip
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
Cast of Wonders 311: "And Flights of Skuhwiggle" is a Cast of Wonders original!
Click here to listen to Episode 311
Content warning: cancer and terminal care

Charles Lee McDaniel is a teacher/actor/author living in Berlin, Germany. Born and raised in the Great State of Texas, he moved abroad in 1991 and has never looked back. As an overseas educator, he’s taught a wide range of subjects, including Theater, Psychology, History, Government, English, Philosophy, Journalism, and Film.

Charles’ writings include an indie urban fantasy series for adults, The Caleb Ride Chronicles, and the play “Voices through the Wall,” which was featured in a segment of the BBC Radio program The Strand. He also co-starred in the 2017 film “Weather House.”

Scott Campbell searches for battles that will increase his skills for the battles to come. The slush pile underneath Pseudopod Towers is a worthy opponent. He also writes, directs, and performs for the queer (in every sense of the word) cabaret The Mickee Faust Club. He also writes far too infrequently at the official online home of the Sleep Deprivation Institute (and pop culture website) Needcoffee.com. He lives in Florida with absolutely no pets.

He has been an associate editor and web peon since 2016.

“Hello, children. Quiet down and give me your attention. We have a super-duper treat for you this morning.”

Geez, Nurse Janina was laying it on thick. Jimmy’s hand tightened around the tall stool he held, and his stomach shrank to the size of a raisin.

Tags: alien, cancer, Cast of Wonders, Charles Lee McDaniel, comfort, Humor, Jeremy Carter, Katherine Inskip, kindness, palliative care, sacrifice, Scott Campbell, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult fiction

Wombat53

• Extern
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 02:06:35 PM
I listened to this episode in the car, I had to pull over due to the excess of moisture pooling in my eyes over flowing down my cheeks. The cancer "riddle" is brilliant. I would love to hear or read more of Skuhwiggle.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 12:16:26 AM
Heartfelt without being excessive, delivered with an excellent narration.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”