Author Topic: PseudoPod 607: Take A Walk In The Night, My Love  (Read 1740 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: August 11, 2018, 02:39:10 AM
PseudoPod 607: Take A Walk In The Night, My Love

by Damien Angelica Walters
Narrated by Justine Eyre
Hosted by Tonia Thompson

Take A Walk In The Night, My Love” was first published in The Madness of Dr. Caligari in 2016.

He is a good man. Remember that. He is a good man.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

HalloweenB

• Extern
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 12:48:39 AM
It had a very “Get Out” feel for me. Somebody taking over your mind/shared consciousness. But I loved how the author created an almost schizophrenic feel to the beginning rather than just setup a bland slowly spinning out of control world. There was tension from the start. And referencing the MC in the first period son gave it a jagged creepy vibe. And the ending left questions

The narrator lent herself to a slightly unstable stepford wife kinda vibe. I could hear the glass getting ready to shatter in her reality but with a sense of danger to what was underneath. Not quite full on insanity but a sense of “I’m about to slit a throat if I don’t find out what the hell is going on” as opposed to”somebody hold me”

And both of them together left the question and creepy notion that...it’s okay to forget yourself for peace...? That thought of losing ones identity is terrifying to me. A great story.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 12:07:04 PM
The post-story commentary helped me enjoy this episode. As I listened to it, I wondered if the protagonist was suffering from dementia (and we were experiencing life from her point of view).

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Moritz

• Lochage
Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 10:38:38 AM
I really liked this story. I think it could have worked as well without the letter at the end though.

It had a very “Get Out” feel for me. Somebody taking over your mind/shared consciousness. But I loved how the author created an almost schizophrenic feel to the beginning rather than just setup a bland slowly spinning out of control world. There was tension from the start. And referencing the MC in the first period son gave it a jagged creepy vibe. And the ending left questions

I got the same feeling. Well, and some Westworld Season 1.