Escape Artists
November 20, 2018, 09:04:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PC535-536: The Threadbare Magician  (Read 498 times)
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

Anything for a Weird Life

« on: August 14, 2018, 08:52:48 PM »

PodCastle 535-536: The Threadbare Magician

Rated R, for cursing wizards and magical desires.

Originally published in Genius Loci: Tales of the Spirit of Place.

Listen to this week’s PodCastle!
Scuba Man
Matross

Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 09:49:24 AM »

It’s a fantastic narration. The protagonist was a right bastard [edit: {at times... other times, he earned my pity}]. He reminded me of a callus John Constantine.
Nice [edit: 2-part episode].
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 01:11:06 PM by Scuba Man » Logged

"What can do that to a man?  Lightning... napalm? No, some people just explode [sic]. Natural causes".  Source: Repo Man.
Katzentatzen
Matross

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 01:23:07 PM »

This was really fun! I loved the forms magic could take, clothes-bound magic is delightful. I grieved that selfish love poisoned (literally) the relationship between the protagonist and his ex, but he ended up in a pretty good place, in my opinion.

"To understand a cat you must realize that he has his own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality."
--LILIAN JACKSON BRAUN
Scuba Man
Matross

Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 06:27:18 PM »

This was really fun! I loved the forms magic could take, clothes-bound magic is delightful. I grieved that selfish love poisoned (literally) the relationship between the protagonist and his ex, but he ended up in a pretty good place, in my opinion.
...Re: a good place, indeed....
...until another THING pops up and tries to test their demon-hood against our technicolor-dreamcoat-wearing hombre.  Smiley

"What can do that to a man?  Lightning... napalm? No, some people just explode [sic]. Natural causes".  Source: Repo Man.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: