Author Topic: PseudoPod 609 – A Little Delta of Filth  (Read 1996 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: August 25, 2018, 06:21:42 PM
PseudoPod 609 – A Little Delta of Filth

by Jon Padgett
Narrated by Dagny Paul
Hosted by Alasdair Stuart

to the memory of Conrad Aiken

It could make her invisible. Untouchable.

The thought came back years later like the distant melody of church bells, familiar and comforting. The moment she found the thing, she knew it was indescribable. Remote from parents, lovers and friends alike. It was her own, held close from other eyes, from other fingers.

Invisible. Untouchable.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 01:49:34 AM
Great little story. I almost thought it was an origin story of a re-imagined Swamp Thing/SpiderWomyn antihero. Alasdair's musing about it being a predator that plays the long game was an interesting interpretation.

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Sandra M. Odell

• Peltast
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 06:14:27 AM
An intriguing set up, almost like an origin story yet different enough to hold my interest throughout.  Strong characterization and solid narration.

C.S. Walker

• Extern
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 05:36:13 AM
There's a lot about this that maps really effectively onto some of the more insidious aspects of abusive religion (particularly cults), or addiction. I don't want to reduce it to just an allegory, but that's what I thought of listening to it.

Jon Padgett knocks it out of the park as per usual.