Escape Artists
September 18, 2018, 08:36:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PC538: Itself at the Heart of Things  (Read 163 times)
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

Anything for a Weird Life

« on: September 04, 2018, 02:02:15 PM »

PodCastle 538: Itself at the Heart of Things

Rated PG-13

Originally published in Shimmer.

Listen to this week’s PodCastle!
Kaa
Hipparch

Trusst in me, jusst in me.

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 10:54:13 PM »

I'mma say it: I could not be more confused. I listened, thought maybe I just hadn't paid enough attention, so I read the text on the Podcastle site...and I still have no idea what I just read/listened to.

I guess I'm not the audience for this type of story. I feel like there was something there I should have gotten, but...I did not.

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else
cvaughan
Extern

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 08:56:00 AM »

I still have no idea what I just read/listened to.

Same.  I also read the text online just in case I had been distracted or something when listening... alas, I am still uncertain what exactly happened. this story feels like and excerpt from a larger tale where everything is explained.  I always felt like I had started in the middle, missing key information.   

the world seems like it might be interesting if I actually understood it.
Scuba Man
Matross

Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 01:22:27 PM »

I was meditatively using a whet stone on a bushcraft knife while I listened to this wonderfully odd tale.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I’m pleased I listened to it after The Threadbare Magician (and that was all good antivenom after watching that cringeworthy Marvel movie, Avengers, infinity War.)

"What can do that to a man?  Lightning... napalm? No, some people just explode [sic]. Natural causes".  Source: Repo Man.
Moritz
Lochage

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 05:09:37 AM »

I also didn't quite get it and regarded it as a metaphor of nazi occupation of France and the fate of minorities.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: