Escape Artists
September 18, 2018, 08:35:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PC539: Godfall  (Read 156 times)
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

Anything for a Weird Life

« on: September 11, 2018, 06:43:14 PM »

PodCastle 539: Godfall

Rated R for gore and mild body horror.

Originally published at GigaNotoSaurus. This story also appears in Sandra’s collection Godfall and Other Stories.

Listen to this week’s PodCastle!
Moritz
Lochage

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 05:04:22 AM »

Fascinating setting and cool story.

Cutting up gods is of course a trope in mythologies such as Norse or Greek, it also appears in Hinduism if I'm not mistaken. Including YHWH in the story was a bit jarring though because that's a totally different paradigm.
Father Beast
Lochage

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 05:25:30 AM »

The volume drops precipitously after the intro, and I couldn't make out what was being said. I think I'm going to have to edit this in audacity to raise the volume of the story section and I'll be able to listen to it.
rlzack
Extern

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 10:02:14 AM »

I second this, except that even at maximum volume, I couldn't hear the story at all. Had to skip this one.

I really enjoy this podcast, but this is not the first story where the volume has dropped so much after the intro. In the past, I could struggle through, but nothing I did today allowed me to hear. It is very frustrating!
Fenrix
Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
Editor

I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 05:04:33 PM »

Repurposing my prior review of this story:

Godfall was intensely weird, and I delighted in the apocalypse cult at the edge of the screen. This story lives in the same neighborhood as Ligotti’s “The Last Feast of Harlequin” as well as Laird Barron’s Old Leech cycle.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”
Moritz
Lochage

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 03:17:10 AM »

I didn't have the volume issue. Was listening to it on an ipod while in the gym.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: