Author Topic: CoW Ep. 322: BBW – Your Words There for the World to See (And Ep. 347)  (Read 2850 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Cast of Wonders 322: Banned Books Week – Your Words There for the World to See

Also, Episode 347! A Staff Pick for 2018! Hosted by audio producer, Jeremy Carter

• Author: Aimee Ogden
• Narrator: Tina Connolly
• Host Ep. 322: Katherine Inskip
• Host Ep. 347: Jeremy Carter
• Audio Producer Jeremy Carter
A Cast of Wonders original!
Click here to listen to Episode 322

Aimee Ogden is a former science teacher and software tester; now she writes stories about sad astronauts and angry princesses. Her work can also be found in Shimmer, Apex, and Escape Pod, and forthcoming in Analog.

Tina Connolly is the author of the Ironskin trilogy from Tor Books, and the Seriously Wicked series, from Tor Teen. Ironskin, her first fantasy novel, was a Nebula finalist. Her stories have appeared in Lightspeed, Tor.com, Strange Horizons, Beneath Ceaseless Skies, and many more.

Her narrations have appeared in audiobooks and podcasts including Pod Castle, PseudoPod, Beneath Ceaseless Skies, and her Parsec-winning flash fiction podcast Toasted Cake.

The school library doesn’t have the book you want. No surprise there. There are a few dozen volumes on its shelves; plenty of other books are out there in the cloud, but the part of the cloud with your book is partitioned off too. It’s in the Premium Access tier and a Title X school in Ass-Nowhere, Wisconsin is not exactly Premium Access quality. The librarian apologizes for that, but apologies don’t put the words in your hands.

Tags: Aimee Ogden, Banned Books Week, Banned Books Week 2018, Cast of Wonders, control, dystopia, fighting back, free speech, Jeremy Carter, Katherine Inskip, library, Marguerite Kenner, rebellion, school, Science Fiction, Tina Connolly, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:30:27 PM by danooli »

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
I appreciated the restraint of the author in telling us the influential text(s) as that allowed us the room to fill it with our own. Nicely done!

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”