Author Topic: Scam alert - fraudulent email from escape artists  (Read 4597 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: September 26, 2018, 09:28:11 PM
We’ve become aware that an individual using the name "Audrie Stroud" is contacting artists and authors claiming to be a “creative editor and sourcer” for Escape Artists. The email we’re aware of requested the recipient’s freelance rates, and offered a permanent, full time position.

We do not know who this individual is, and they are not acting in our name. We’re disgusted our name is being hijacked in such a manner, and our hearts go out to any creatives contacted.

The email was sent out using a gmail account. Please be aware that all official @EAPodcasts correspondence will come from either a show address (e.g. @podcastle.org ) or an @escapeartists.net  address.

If you’ve received a similar message from this person, or a similar sounding request, please get in touch at owners@escapeartists.net

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 10:57:15 PM
It's like my beloved Escape Artists is joining the big-league. Its success has attracted the attention of the cybernetic-bottom-feeders.
Grim.  :(

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.