Author Topic: CoW Ep. 326: Forgiveness  (Read 2220 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: October 09, 2018, 11:30:47 AM
Cast of Wonders 326: Forgiveness

• Author: Leah Cypess
• Narrator: Nika Harper
• Host: Marguerite Kenner
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• First published in Asimov’s Science Fiction, February 2015.
Click here to listen to Episode 326

Content Warning: Partner abuse

Leah Cypess is the author of four young adult fantasy novels published by HarperCollin, starting with her first book, “Mistwood,” which is about an immortal shapeshifter trapped in the form of a human girl. Her forthcoming novella, “Timshala,” will be published by The Book Smugglers in August of 2018. She has also published numerous works of short fiction. She lives in Silver Spring, MD with her family.

Nika Harper is a writer, performer, and geeky personality who spends long, solitary nights on the internet because her brain won’t shut up. She lives in Los Angeles, CA, where she houses her collection of magic wands and an overwhelming stockpile of empty journals. Her work is at ThisisNika.com but the good stuff (pictures of her cat) is on her Twitter, @NikaHarper.

The day Michael came back to school, I was still wearing long sleeves.

Not because of the bruises. That’s what everyone thought, but the truth was, the bruises had faded weeks before. I didn’t know why I was wearing them myself, until Michael slunk through the front doors, and everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to stare at him.

Tags: abuse, bruise, Cast of Wonders, implant, jealousy, Jeremy Carter, Leah Cypess, letting go, Marguerite Kenner, modification, Nika Harper, relationship, Science Fiction, Young Adult fiction

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 02:21:09 AM
Killer narration!

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”