Author Topic: CoW Ep. 312: Ten Things Sunil and I Forgot to Prepare for... (And Ep. 343!)  (Read 3800 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Cast of Wonders 312: Ten Things Sunil and I Forgot to Prepare for, When Preparing for the Apocalypse

Also, Episode 343! A Staff Pick for 2018! Hosted by associate editor, Shawn Proctor

• Author: Shane Halbach
• Narrator: Kyle Akers
• Host: Marguerite Kenner
• Ep. 343 Host: Shawn Proctor
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• Cast of Wonders 312: Ten Things Sunil and I Forgot to Prepare for, When Preparing for the Apocalypse was first printed Intergalactic Medicine Show, Issue 51
Click here to listen to Episode 312

Shane Halbach lives with his wife and three kids in a secret lair located deep under Chicago. There, he hones his superpower of being exactly wrong about which direction he needs to turn. His fiction has appeared previously at all four Escape Artists podcasts.

Kyle Akers is a voice actor from Kansas City, Missouri. He has contributed to podcasts like Pseudopod, Chilling Tales for Dark Nights, and NoSleepPodcast. He also produces and performs in his own improv podcast called “The Counselor.” Prior to voice acting, Kyle toured the country as a professional musician, singing and playing bass guitar for the electro-pop band Antennas Up, which enjoyed success through several national television show placements and commercials. Since then, Kyle has dabbled in long-form improv and audio production while performing weekend gigs with Kansas City cover band The Magnetics.

1. We didn’t prepare multiple contingencies

When Sunil and I made our plan, we always thought it would be zombies. I mean, we literally imagined nothing else. It just made sense.

Now that I think about it, there are tons of other ways the world could end: aliens from space, nuclear war, some kind of non-zombie disease, maybe nanobots or something. But even then, I wouldn’t have thought of portals to other worlds. I mean, I literally could not have imagined it.

Tags: Cast of Wonders, growing up, Jeremy Carter, Kyle Akers, Marguerite Kenner, Monsters, Post-Apocalypse, preparation, Shane Halbach, struggle, survival, trust, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:50:22 PM by danooli »

chyname

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 11:13:28 PM
This was wonderful. I have kids around the same age as the narrator and I could imagine them thinking things through exactly the same way.