Author Topic: PC545: The Aunties Return the Ocean  (Read 2926 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: October 24, 2018, 07:02:38 PM

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 04:43:01 PM
Substituted the word 'auntie' with the word 'corporation' and it becomes 85% less fantastical. Except for the part where one of them has any remorse.

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

Ichneumon

• Matross
Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 05:23:19 PM
This one should be on the Pseudopod cross-list, if it's not already. By coming from the point of view of an Auntie, the horror of the world was revealed slowly. It wasn't until the story was over that it all sunk in for me.

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 10:44:44 PM
Is there really a Pseudopod cross-list? Is it just for PodCastle or also for Escape Pod?

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 05:46:37 AM
I came over to PodCastle after getting a little depressed and shaken with too many horror stories.

This was the first one my podcatcher had downloaded.

Thanks a lot, guys.