Author Topic: CoW Ep. 331: Radio Free Heartland (And Ep. 348!)  (Read 2636 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: November 25, 2018, 12:56:29 PM
Cast of Wonders 331: Radio Free Heartland

Also, Episode 348! A Staff Pick for 2018! Hosted by editor, Marguerite Kenner

Content Warning: Sexual Abuse

• Author: Corey Mallonee
• Narrator: Karen Bovenmyer
• Host: Marguerite Kenner
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
Cast of Wonders 331: Radio Free Heartland is a Cast of Wonders original.
Click here to listen to Episode 331

Corey Mallonee is from Maine and lives in upstate New York.

Karen Bovenmyer earned an MFA in Creative Writing: Popular Fiction from the University of Southern Maine. She teaches and mentors students at Iowa State University and Western Technical College. She is the 2016 recipient of the Horror Writers Association Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley Scholarship. Her poems, short stories and novellas appear in more than 40 publications and her first novel, SWIFT FOR THE SUN, debuted from Dreamspinner Press in 2017.

When the car was just a distant cloud of dust above the corn fields I turned to Smoke and told him, “You ought to know I shot someone.”

“We all do things we regret,” he said, without looking up from the circle he was drawing in the dirt. His radio sat in the middle of the circle, tuned to nothing, just a hiss of static. It was made of something he called Bakelite, which I guess is a fancy kind of old plastic. It was brown like it was supposed to look like wood.

Tags: abuse, Cast of Wonders, Corey Mallonee, feeling, fugitive, Jeremy Carter, justice, magic, Marguerite Kenner, murder, new city, new life, on the run, precognition, shotgun, storm, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:04:23 PM by danooli »