Author Topic: CoW Ep. 351: Artemis Rising 5 – The Angel (And Ep. 392!)  (Read 2789 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Cast of Wonders 351: Artemis Rising 5 – The Angel

Also, Episode 392! A Staff Pick for 2019! Hosted by Associate Editor Amy Brennan!

• Author: Kate Cobey
• Narrator: Julia Rios
• Artemis Rising 5 Artist: Yuumei
• Host, Episode 392: Amy Brennan
• Host, Episode 351: Marguerite Kenner
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter

"The Angel" is a Cast of Wonders original.

Click here to listen to Episode 392
Click here to listen to Episode 351

Content Warning:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I: Sterile

“Just don’t treat her like anything less than a person,” Mama fretted from the front row of the cab. Never mind that this was the fourth time we’d come to see her, and we’d heard the same plea every single time. Cautiously, Mama asked the white hospital archway next to her, “May we enter?”

“Card?” responded the building.

“You don’t need to be so formal. It’s just a robot,” Nina complained from the back. “It’s aaaall robots, here.”

Mama gave us both a sour look (as if this were my fault) before swiping her card across a slit in the cabby’s front seat. Both the car and the entryway flashed green, assuring her that her identity had been validated. Nina and I piled out, letting the car coast back down the road, and walked through the automatic doors into the immaculate white lobby. As a courtesy, there were human attendants at the front desk, which Mama approached with her well-practiced hospital smile. “Is Haley Dominguez still in 2686?”

Tags: Amy Brennan, Artemis Rising 5, Cast of Wonders, coming to terms, common ground, cousins, determination, faith, fierce, fighting, giant robots, Hispanic, hospital, Jeremy Carter, Julia Rios, Kate Cobey, Marguerite Kenner, mecha, Science Fiction, secrets, Staff Picks, terminal illness, Young Adult fiction, Yuumei
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 03:35:58 AM by Languorous Lass »

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 11:53:51 PM
I hadn't before considered a battlemech as an ambulatory assistive device. Nicely done!

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”