Author Topic: iTunes not getting episodes  (Read 4682 times)

wakela

• Hipparch
    • Mr. Wake
on: December 17, 2007, 12:23:39 AM
For more than a week now episodes 135 and 136 have had the little iTunes exclamation point next to them, and they haven't downloaded.  Is this a problem on my end?

I'm a reasonably technical guy, but I have no idea how iTunes gets podcasts.  It seems weird to me that iTunes would know that Escape Pod has new episodes, and know what they are, but not be able to download them for more than a few hours. 

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 06:23:48 AM

I got that also, and I've had that happen recently with other podcasts I'm subscribed to.  When that occurs, I go in to Escape Pod through the ITunes main page (ITunes store, I think) and manually grab the episode.  Not sure why some of them don't update automatically.  It's irritating.  >:(

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan

wakela

• Hipparch
    • Mr. Wake
Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 10:51:37 PM
Thanks, Darwinist, that worked. 

I had another podcast that iTunes was nice enough to remove from my iPod even though I had only listened to half of it.  When I went to reset the playcount it had the little exclamation mark even though I had already downloaded it.  I would like to know more about how this podcatching works because it doesn't seem to be that complicated, and yet it never works well.  I haven't been satisfied with any podcatching software I've tried.