Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /nfs/c06/h06/mnt/187425/domains/forum.escapeartists.net/html/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
CoW Ep. 354: Artemis Rising 5 – Wordslinger, Wordwreaker
Escape Artists
June 19, 2019, 10:16:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The first round of the Podcastle Flash Fiction contest is wrapping up. Semifinals start appearing June 22nd.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoW Ep. 354: Artemis Rising 5 – Wordslinger, Wordwreaker  (Read 467 times)
danooli

« on: April 01, 2019, 12:29:29 PM »

Cast of Wonders 354: Artemis Rising 5 – Wordslinger, Wordwreaker

• Author: Amanda Helms
• Narrator: Stephanie Malia Morris
• Artemis Rising 5 Artist: Yuumei
• Host: Mary Fan
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
Cast of Wonders 354: The Angel is a Cast of Wonders original.
Click here to listen to Episode 354

The wordslinger first came into Lasthope on the back of a scarab the size of a large pony, during the worst flaying-wind storm in a generation.

Mind, we didn’t know then that she was a wordslinger, or even that she was a she. I didn’t witness it direct, but later one of our regulars told me of her, all bundled up in hat and gloves and too-big cloak, on account of them winds, you see. She climbed off her scarab with the stiffness of someone too long in the saddle. But like any rider worth her salt, she saw to her mount afore she came into the saloon, which is where I first saw her myself.

Tags:Amanda Helms, Amy Brennan, Artemis Rising 5, beetles, Cast of Wonders, Jeremy Carter, KB Sluss, magic, Marguerite Kenner, revenge, rhymes, scarab, showdown, Stephanie Malia Morris, Weird Western, western, Young Adult fiction

Fenrix
Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
Editor

I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 02:40:37 PM »

This one was a lot of fun. I liked how it combined wild west tropes with the rap battle.

Something I'd love to see as this world develops is whether wordslingers would grow to have a lot of alliteration and meter during their normal conversation. This brought to mind Tom Bombadil, and that most (all?) of his dialogue can be reassigned into poetic line, even though it is not presented in that fashion on the page.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: