Author Topic: Severance!  (Read 1200 times)

Languorous Lass

on: September 29, 2022, 04:01:22 AM
Since Better Call Saul (with which I was obsessed) finally ended, I had some room in my brain for another show, and just finished Season One of Severance last night.  WHOA.  What a show.  Anybody else watch?  What did you think?

NathanWrites

• Peltast
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 01:34:21 PM
Severance was probably the best Sci-Fi show I've watched in a long time.

I also watched when it was new. Apple TV+ released one episode per week. It was absolute torture. Can't wait for season 2.

Chorkman

• Extern
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 05:53:53 PM
I thought it was extremely well written, the acting was amazing, and season 1 ended on quite a cliff hanger (obv).  I would highly recommend Severance to anyone who likes a little mind bending Sci Fi with a twist of some horror elements (slightly). 

Do you know when season 2 is out?

Another 2 shows I've stumbled upon on Netflix are Manifest and Travelers.

Manifest is a somewhat cheesy (think Lost) Sci Fi show where a plane takes off and lands 5.5 years later.  Time inside the plane went like a normal flight, but time outside the plane aged the 5.5 years.  Like I said, it has a little cheese factor, but it's fun, decently acted, and has some good plot twists.  Seasons 1-4 are up and Season 4.2 is coming sometime in the spring.

Travelers is one I just started. It is a time traveling show where post apocalypse peeps can travel back in time and occupy people just before they were about to die and use their body as hosts to hopefully change the bad stuff that happens in the future to make it post apocalyptical.  Great acting.  Good character development.  A little Tropey (if that's a word) but worth the time to invest into.

That's all from me.  Bye everyone!

Languorous Lass

Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 11:54:35 PM
Thanks for these recommendations, Chorkman!  I haven't heard of either of these shows, but will have to check them out.